Blizzard warning for Michigan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beekeeper

Reaction score
The local weather forcast for western lower MI is calling for 10-20" total................I'll let ya know if I make it out of the driveway in the morning....................Tom.

Talkin bout 2 feet here in New England...and that's on top of 62 inches here in the Worcester hills...:snow:...I quit...:double angry bird:

Although the snow blower is keeping the RC and Mr Max company in the garage...

Sounds like your going to get hammered...........I should consider myself lucky!................What's the average snowfall per season in your area of the northeast?

Last edited:
And we here in the U.P. get none! We would take all that snow you guys are getting, we need snow so the local businesses can stay afloat. The wintertime business is as big if not bigger than any we get in the summer since a lot of our businesses rely on tourism.
So, send us the snow, we won't complain, in fact we actually enjoy a good snow storm!
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

And we here in the U.P. get none! We would take all that snow you guys are getting, we need snow so the local businesses can stay afloat. The wintertime business is as big if not bigger than any we get in the summer since a lot of our businesses rely on tourism.
So, send us the snow, we won't complain, in fact we actually enjoy a good snow storm!
:snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow::snow:

If it was within my power Brian....you would have more than plenty!! :eek:h yeah:
I haven't taken the plow off the truck since Christmas time....we are getting a major storm every week, on average.
The latest report....."Tonight should be a beauty....shitload of snow, some fuckin' freezing rain and lots of goddamn sleet too!"
That's exactly what the weather guy said, word for word!! :rofl_200:
I think he's gettin' tired! :punk:
And there's a 'weather watch' on for Saturday.....guess there's another one coming then! :snow::tantrum::snow:

We got from 18-23" so far in my hood, about an hr east of KC. Fortunately, the snow equipment was all up to snuff around noon and the company sent most of us home. (One of the things I wrench on. Weld on, also, depending on what they smash into :biglaugh:.) We had about 5" by then. Made it home at 35 in an Aveo, in 3rd gear. Good I grew up driving in some hard snows. On the radar, it looks like it let up, but just stuck my head out the door to find it's still coming down hard. Wind was around 40+. Has died down a pinch. The pic was taken this afternoon. Couldn't see a block away. Record in my county was 17" back in '38.

Every time it's snows, people at the shop ask if I rode my bike in. I hardly mention it. Maximilian must make an impression. Others have bikes, too. Maybe it's cause I :spanka:'d a them on a few road trips to KC. Course they're all HD's.:rofl_200: I do like one guy's. It's a Denim Black Street Bob. It fits the owner's personality.

Attachments

• Blizzard 11.jpg
    Blizzard 11.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 9
I will post pics tomorrow after the storm.(Ive already decided tomorrows a sick day)( gonna go put in an applacation too.)I've been in my house since 89 never had this much snow on the ground. Ive snowblowed paths in the yard for the dog and cats,who are going stir crazy.Im going to capture this epic winter on film, more to follow!

Lucky bastages! It's 74 F here today - I was putting a radiator in my neighbors Impala & a drop of sweat got in my left eye & nearly blinded me. I need to either move back up north or get a/c in my garage...:whistlin:

Hey Brian, Heidi just reminded me.....I was practicing that rain/snow dance you showed me during BR10. Well, I really got right into it, spinning and jumping and leaping all over the frikkin' place.....the thing is, I may have caused this big weather mess!! :bang head:

I need the "anti-dance" really quick.....have you got a video or anythin'?

I know you tol' me not to mess around with that stuff, but you know how us micks are.......:wacko:

Hey Brian, Heidi just reminded me.....I was practicing that rain/snow dance you showed me during BR10. Well, I really got right into it, spinning and jumping and leaping all over the frikkin' place.....the thing is, I may have caused this big weather mess!! :bang head:

I know you tol' me not to mess around with that stuff, but you know how us micks are.......:wacko:

Danny.................NO ........YOU DIDNT? you know how those "spirits" are round there!

Danny.................NO ........YOU DIDNT? you know how those "spirits" are round there!

I know Rick.....I'm really sorry!! I didn't mean it! Almost for certain the next time we ride up Mt. Greylock they'll grab me and I'll never be seen again!! :bang head:

Shit, I hate it when that happens!!:damn angry:

Well Danny , forwarned is forarmed and we wont let that happen to you! but PLEASE be carefull what you dance for!

Lucky bastages! It's 74 F here today - I was putting a radiator in my neighbors Impala & a drop of sweat got in my left eye & nearly blinded me. I need to either move back up north or get a/c in my garage...:whistlin:
:blahblah2::double angry bird::rofl_200:

Its fucking nasty out there!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a ruff time.:damn angry: I like frigid temps and snow up to my
10_6_8.gif
.:angry flame:

All you northerners need to adapt rather than complain. You know Yamaha makes some really kick-ass snowmobiles, right? If I had to choose I'd take the bike over the sled any day, but snowmobiling can be fun in it's own way....deff better than nothing until spring arrives. They're calling for 18-24" by me....gonna be a big one.

No.... you didn't..What did you do Danny?!? Most of what you thought was a dance was really that I had stubbed my toe! I thought you realized I was kidding. I don't know if there's a cure for what you conjured!
Even though I live in a rural area, it can snow all night and the snow plows will just plow the roads every 4-5 hours unless we have too much wind. At that point plowing is pretty much useless near the lake and open areas.
I-500 race this weekend and it should be good weather for the race, at around 20 degrees or a little less is idea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwmLHH2aekg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZZ3akshjkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51Iu-uXGUk

You can stop praying for snow now. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• Snow , quit praying.jpg
    Snow , quit praying.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 10
This is for the unfortunate among us that dont get to experience the overabundance of snow that we northerners get to enjoy...:nyah nyah:

The bump in the middle of the first picture is my 69 Coronet , while the bump behind the minivan in the second picture is my son's 68 Camaro...just for perspective...

Attachments

• DSCN3134.jpg
    DSCN3134.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN3136.jpg
    DSCN3136.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN3137.jpg
    DSCN3137.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
Got 12-14" on the ground around here not including drifting...........Finished shoveling the drive at 6:30 am and I'm looking at the goat trail that used to be my street thinking my 2wd pickup isn't gonna like this at all, my neighbor is just getting home from work in his Toyota 4 runner while I'm standing out there and he says take my truck to work, needless to say I jumped all over that one!.....................I was the only one who made it into the shop today so I was plenty busy!..........Dug a path to the garage tonight after work and finished the job with the snowblower at 7:30..............I'm going to bed early!

Back