Bmw 1600gtl

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
supose to be a hight tech bike,
maybe but shit of mechanic,

my boss buy one, had to change oil on his bike before he left for Vancouver and runs back by USA

this is a dry sump in a wet sump
meaning;
first, unscrew the oil pan plug and the oil out
second, unscrew the second oil pan plug by passing trought the first pan plug, in fact its 3 inches uper, ok, when the second oil plug is unscrew DON`T LET IT FALL IN THE FIRST PAN, lower that oil plug and bend a little bit to let the oil pass out. You will burn your hand with hot oil and will need a VERRY LOW oil pan (standard won`t fit, y hand made one) then pull this second plug out off the first pan.

putting back on the two oil pan plug
put 4 litter + or - off oil, then drive a few miles (+ or - 5 miles)
then put the oil at his level on lip-stick.

the wurst of it is;
it have driving light on each side just a litlle highter of crank sahft
That bike had fell down at a corner stop
the driving light braket is broken, this braket IS A PART A THE SIX CYLINDER BLOCK, meaning if the guy want it back he have to change the block cylinder:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

ya sounds like a pain. you can magnitise the allen key used to unscrew that plug. help with the removal.

Yeah, I can think of so many better choices than the Beemer.

The Gold Wing (split between the standard version or the new F6B) or a Valkarie.

A Busa with custom bags and trunk made for it.

A Harley Street Glide.

(continue the list with about eleventy billion other bikes NOT made by BMW)

Granted, I dolike how a lot of the BMW bikes look and perform, but they are WAY over-engineered. (over-engineered as in they went a little nuts on making shit that does not make much sense and could have been done a lot better)

I don't know much about the 1600, although I was originally intrigued that they were bulding an inline 6, but then found out it was a giant heavy touring bike....

if I was going for a big Tourer, it would definetly be a Gold Wing....

As for BMW's in general, my opinion is VERY high, I've spent some time on the GS1150 adventure and it is a super fine bike, and very decieving as far as it's looks compared to what it can do on dry pavement, which is chew most sportbikes up in the twisties when ridden by a more than competent rider....You wouldn't think a 2 cylinder would feel this way but power delivery seemed to be about like riding a turbine, plenty of torque everwhere, doesn't seem to be a "wrong gear" and plenty of HP up top....

Several of my friends have them or variants of it with the same boxer engine and its pretty much maintenance free.....

A few of the guys we ride with have thier inline 4 sportbikes and its the same story as far as maintenance, the pretty much don't break,,,,,,

I like the GS1150 Adventure a lot and would not mind having one, to me it's like the F250 of bikes...

Attachments

• bmw.jpg
    bmw.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back