Bolt Needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Django

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the part number is for this bolt on the front fender 2002 Max or were I can find one.
Thanks in advance,
Ted B

p706513634-6.jpg

I'd say bolts. You are missing 2. Thats pretty easy to come by. Ask the "breakers" here. Kyle should have a handful of them i think.

I seem to remember that the bolt size is (MX-X.XX) is somehow encoded into Yamaha part #'s. Or at least that was true for their snowmobiles.

I'd just pull one, take it to a hardware store, and match it up with one in the metric bin. Or replace all four to keep them uniform. I hate paying $3/bolt or something at dealers when I can get one for a dime at Tractor Supply.

Those should be M8. I don't know if the thread is standard. yamaha has the tendency to make bolts with fine metric thread to avoid people going to hardware stores

I seem to remember that the bolt size is (MX-X.XX) is somehow encoded into Yamaha part #'s. Or at least that was true for their snowmobiles.

I'd just pull one, take it to a hardware store, and match it up with one in the metric bin. Or replace all four to keep them uniform. I hate paying $3/bolt or something at dealers when I can get one for a dime at Tractor Supply.

Thats exactly it:

Yamaha Parts House shows the part number as 95024-08016-00. Its item 10 under the steering section.

08mm thread, 16mm long.

almost every bolt follows standard pitch's. don't quote me but i believe thats:

4x .7
5 x .8
6 x 1
8 x 1.25

hah no prob. i forget what the 10mm pitch is and i think that changes between 1.25 vs 1.5 depending on the bolt, once again not sure. but for your average bolts across the bike thats almost always true. so u can look it up then go down to ace and pick it up for 10% the price

The standard thread on M10 is 1.5mm but the caliper bolts and footrests bolts are M10x1.25 so fine thread in this case. All the engine covers bolts are standard M6.

Latest posts

Back