Bought a car!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazwell

Reaction score
Right. So I bought my last car 5 years ago for $500.
(As a comparison for Americans, an '85 max is worth $10 000 here.)

Now, I know I'm lazy and slow (mostly slow my missus says...) with doing my vmax, and the deadline I gave myself was the 1st of December to have her back on the road, but she ain't done yet.

And the knock in my car got worse. Lots worse. Real bad. And it threw a rod. :rofl_200:

So, anyway, (maybe because she had to drive me to work every day) the other half lent me some $$ to buy another car. Not a completely crap one which I patch together until it blows up. No, not one of those.

I got me an Italian red convertible! Really! :eusa_dance:
Well, it's stretching the truth as far as possible, but it is the truth!

I ain't never had a car that's shiny!

Attachments

• 20111130_005.jpg
    20111130_005.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20111130_007.jpg
    20111130_007.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 52
  • 20111130_008.jpg
    20111130_008.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 69
Have another look mate... the steering wheel is on the right side! :rofl_200:

Shiny Good Italian good convertible good Steering on right bad!

Unless your a mail man in U.S. :)

That's a sweet looking ride Bro. Best of luck with it.
Jeep person for life here, I just love them. If I weren't such a gearhead with something dirty in the back all the time, a nice little car like that would be fun to drive.
Steve

Yep. It's the Linea Rossa special edition. :biglaugh:
And yes, designed and built by Bertone.

Good lookin' car there! I think Bertone is one of my favorite designers, they always make graceful shapes. They really shook things up when they did the Alfa Romeo BAT series in the 1950's (here is one example):
thumbnail.aspx

A GM England product? Is it made in AUS? The pic from the side looks like a first-generation AUDI A4 cabriolet. Not a bad thing, as it was a handsome car. My daughter had one, a cabriolet, black X 3, leather, V6. We almost bought it from her for a third car, it was in great shape. In the end, we declined, and ended up getting a V6 Camry w/leather & all options, used, in-place of an older version of the same thing w/o leather. Both have the C.O.P Lexus V6 engine, which is about as-reliable a engine as they ever made. We have the old one as a third vehicle now and it has > 300K on it and still is oil-tight and is capable of reliable transport. A new steering rack (old one began to leak) and four new struts & all CV joints made it handle as it should, once again.

"The first-generation Audi A4 (1996-2001) was a huge success for Audi, helping to put the automaker in the same league as its respected German luxury-car competitors. This was due to the A4's handsome Teutonic looks, impressive performance and stylish, well-constructed interior that set a precedent for future Audi models. A five-speed manual was standard, with Audi's five-speed Tiptronic automatic offered as an option. The base engine was a turbocharged four-cylinder, while the upgraded model came with a naturally aspirated V6."
http://www.edmunds.com/audi/a4/
Audi-A4-photo-16.jpg

Quite the resemblance!

Nice ride for sure bro!! dont smile too much with that top down you may eat a bug!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I'd always wanted one of the Holden "ute" trucks they sell down there. Remember seeing on top gear there was a version with 4x4 and the Corvette engine in it.

I'd thought about getting a SVT Lightning for my truck, but they didn't come in 4x4 and that was a deal breaker for me.

I'd always wanted one of the Holden "ute" trucks they sell down there. Remember seeing on top gear there was a version with 4x4 and the Corvette engine in it.

I'd thought about getting a SVT Lightning for my truck, but they didn't come in 4x4 and that was a deal breaker for me.
Not a Holden but my buddy has a Mustang yute. I would rather have the holden to as I am not a Mustang fan its killing me having to restore the 68 for my girlfriend when i dont even care for them.LOL Heres my buddys yute.

Attachments

• 65 yute 2.jpg
    65 yute 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 65 yute.jpg
    65 yute.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
A GM England product? Is it made in AUS?

This Astra is an Opel product which is GM Germany.
It is rebadged in England as Vauxhall, who I think originally had the Astra trademark.
It is rebadged in Aus as Holden.
I believe it went in under Saturn in the US, but maybe not this model.
The Opel Astra was originally designed by ze Germans, and built in Belgium. They now have factories in China and India and god knows where else.
The coupe and cabriolet were designed by Bertone who took them all the way through to production in Italy under license from Opel.

I had to suss all that out before I could buy it. The older atra's in Aus were rebadged Nissans. It's so hard to tell where something is made now, and who made it!!!

They are generally not 4x4.
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=h....,cf.osb&fp=b6c60963fafb25c5&biw=1360&bih=661

They should be coming to US.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f67/holden-ford-toyota-developing-aussie-utes-world-87032/

I thought they did do a 4x4 dual cab at one point, but I can't find it, and can't remember what it was called.

Not a Holden but my buddy has a Mustang yute. I would rather have the holden to as I am not a Mustang fan its killing me having to restore the 68 for my girlfriend when i dont even care for them.LOL Heres my buddys yute.

Thats cool!

Never seen a Mustang like that. It's Way Cool...

Like the Nice Red Convertible that started this thread too..:clapping:

This Astra is an Opel product which is GM Germany.
It is rebadged in England as Vauxhall, who I think originally had the Astra trademark.
It is rebadged in Aus as Holden.
I believe it went in under Saturn in the US, but maybe not this model.
The Opel Astra was originally designed by ze Germans, and built in Belgium. They now have factories in China and India and god knows where else.
The coupe and cabriolet were designed by Bertone who took them all the way through to production in Italy under license from Opel.

I had to suss all that out before I could buy it. The older atra's in Aus were rebadged Nissans. It's so hard to tell where something is made now, and who made it!!!

Like he says...

Opel in DE
Vauxhall in UK
Holden in OZ
Saturn in US (I've seen one hatchback Saturn Astra in Orlando Premium Outlet a month ago)

Back