Bought a used Gen II last month

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool to see that some guys love both Gen's and some feel that only the Gen1 is a real Max. My interest at this point is just how much $$$ to invest till I'm happy.. 2G? 5G? 10G?.. There are guys on the VMF that have invested that and more I'll bet.. It's 2 summers away but my goal is too either spend a whack load on my Gen1 or buy a Gen2.. That's why this thread for me is cool..

I'm an acceleration junkie , and your going to have to put ALOT of cash into a Gen I to get the acceleration you get from a stock Gen II . I knew I would own a gen II before they had them designed , it just seemed like the natural progression.

I'm an acceleration junkie , and your going to have to put ALOT of cash into a Gen I to get the acceleration you get from a stock Gen II . I knew I would own a gen II before they had them designed , it just seemed like the natural progression.

Hello, I'm Jeff and like Rick, I too am an acceleration junkie. :biglaugh:
There, I said it. Step 1 completed.

As for Steps 2 - 10..... I'm just going to enjoy the aceleration thrills of my Gen2 !! :clapping:

I really couldn't afford one unless I sold my 2 other bike and I can't see me doing that, at least not atm. I rode a '09 when they came out and recently rode Jeff's sweet modded Gen2 which was extremely nice riding and all the HP I would ever want or need. A Gen2 would be nice, sure less maintenance but I kinda like wrenching on Redbone, step by step making it into my unique version of a Gen1.
On the other side of things I am looking for a dual purpose big bore which has a focus on the dirt. I live in a area that has countless dirt roads, trails that offers literally days of riding. I grew up exploring these tracks and I have a buddy that is thinking along the same lines. So I think a nice used Husaberg 570FE or something equivalent will show up in my yard at some point in the future.

I really couldn't afford one unless I sold my 2 other bike and I can't see me doing that, at least not atm. I rode a '09 when they came out and recently rode Jeff's sweet modded Gen2 which was extremely nice riding and all the HP I would ever want or need. A Gen2 would be nice, sure less maintenance but I kinda like wrenching on Redbone, step by step making it into my unique version of a Gen1.
On the other side of things I am looking for a dual purpose big bore which has a focus on the dirt. I live in a area that has countless dirt roads, trails that offers literally days of riding. I grew up exploring these tracks and I have a buddy that is thinking along the same lines. So I think a nice used Husaberg 570FE or something equivalent will show up in my yard at some point in the future.

With access to those kinds of roads you'd be crazy not to. Although I live surrounded by State Park land, "off roading"is prohibited. I'd love to be able to get lost on some dirt roads.....lot's of fun!

Too many guys buy the gen II as a status symbol , and NEVER ride it to its full potential . I busted my ass to afford mine and I RIDE IT!

----This coming from MR MONEY BAGS himself ---- When I remember meeting Rick, I always think of the GEICO commercial money guy :biglaugh:

My motto for a number of years now has been "It's only plastic, and you can't take it with you, so CHARGE IT!". If I waited until I could afford something, I'd prolly be a stay-at-home basement computer troll.

I didn't bust anything to buy either of my Vmaxes, but like the old Lending Tree commercial guy said: HI. MY NAME IS STANLEY JOHNSON, AND I'M IN DEBT UP TO MY EYEBALLS.

----This coming from MR MONEY BAGS himself ---- When I remember meeting Rick, I always think of the GEICO commercial money guy :biglaugh:

My motto for a number of years now has been "It's only plastic, and you can't take it with you, so CHARGE IT!". If I waited until I could afford something, I'd prolly be a stay-at-home basement computer troll.

I didn't bust anything to buy either of my Vmaxes, but like the old Lending Tree commercial guy said: HI. MY NAME IS STANLEY JOHNSON, AND I'M IN DEBT UP TO MY EYEBALLS.

Actually it was the designing , manufacturing and sales of the MAXGASSER that is paying for my GEN TWO . Without that It would still be a pipe dream .
As for MR MONEY BAGS , I've NEVER made more then 50k a year , drive a 13 year old truck and have NO credit card debt.
and the only vacation I've had in the last four years has been thunder in the valley.

My retirement plan is dying ! or selling the MAXGASSER design:ummm:

Actually it was the designing , manufacturing and sales of the MAXGASSER that is paying for my GEN TWO . Without that It would still be a pipe dream .
As for MR MONEY BAGS , I've NEVER made more then 50k a year , drive a 13 year old truck and have NO credit card debt.
and the only vacation I've had in the last four years has been thunder in the valley.

My retirement plan is dying ! or selling the MAXGASSER design:ummm:

Just busting your chops Rick. If it's any consolation, the wife & I both think you are a #1, grade A, class act. And your truck sure don't look like it's 13 yo. Cudo's on having no cc debt. I wish I could say the same. That right there is worth a :worthy:

I've been waiting a few years for a few select trees to mature on my property to sell and that time has come . Now wva will even pay me (yes pay me ) to kill all invasive species on my land up to 400.00 an acre So next spring I will proudly own both gen 1 & 2

I've been waiting a few years for a few select trees to mature on my property to sell and that time has come . Now wva will even pay me (yes pay me ) to kill all invasive species on my land up to 400.00 an acre So next spring I will proudly own both gen 1 & 2

Cool! Hurry up and plant some Bamboo.....it's as invasive as it gets and grows practically overnight. LOL

Thanks to all of you for reading this thread and putting up your comments and suggestions. Having had the bike now for a little over a month, I'm getting worked into it pretty well. I took it out yesterday and ran a couple of 1/4 miles with it, with the help of a smart phone app. To the guy who told me about his 200 feet long burnouts, I think that's cool, but not for me. I cannot imagine going through that many back tires inside of 8500 miles and the expense that would go with it, but it has to be cool to watch and I'm sure you get tons of attention when you do it.

Latest posts

Back