Breather on differential?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ive been seeing a fair number of guys who put breathers on the top plug of their differentials.Does this help it keep any cooler or anything or is it just for show? I was told it might result in spraying gear oil all over the place at freeway speed but Im not sure...I know some of you guys are runnin this way,anyone know from experience?

It's for show and I can't remember how much a problem it is. If you remove the original cover you will see the vent hole is very tiny (less then 1/16th inch if I remember right) so it's not like there is a ton of oil getting past.

Sean

Apparently they are only needed in Ontario, Canada! :biglaugh: :shittystick: Jim :shittystick: Sheldon . :biglaugh:

i dont think you actually remove the cap. i believe they're just putting it over the existing one for show. i have the otec version of this mod (not a filter,more like a cap) and its just a piece that fits over the stock part to dress it up. the filter looks like the one i run to the crankcase breather on my stage 7 setup.

cheers odieoh24

Apparently they are only needed in Ontario, Canada! :biglaugh: :shittystick: Jim :shittystick: Sheldon . :biglaugh:

Maybe they got a 2 filter for one deal @ Canadian Tire! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Or perhaps they're only put on bikes that can't even reach freeway speeds!! :confused2:

(Oooo, THAT one's gonna bite me, but I just couldn't resist!!) :punk:

The Otec part is less than $20 on ebay all the time. I just checked ebay though and none on there ATM. It's a nice looking part, really it is.

How do you remove the breather cap? I have tried prying, then decided against that. I didn't want to ruin the cap.

no problem Garrett, atleast you have some spares if you need them...
Doesn't look like they sell from their website huh:ummm:
Maybe they are ebayers only?

dealers too. bikebandit has 'em for roughly the same price. just search on the SB8125

Latest posts

Back