Brisk BR12ZS Spark Plug

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjmac5

Reaction score
I read some old threads where one member used the Brisk LGS which was a bust and another member who said Brisk Plugs with Nology Wires are great but didn't specify which Brisk Plugs. So I am looking for some feedback in regards to this specific plug.

Links to General Info as well as Specification. I am looking for opinions with out regard to money. Will they work, will they work better then your basic NGK or is it all BS:

http://www.briskracing.com/brisk-racing-premium-multi-spark-plugs

http://www.briskusa.com/technical-info/identification-construction/

I try to keep an open mind about stuff like this. Over the years so many claims of free/cheap power have been made and disproved. Up till now, what my own experience has been is, these types of plugs benefit mostly on the longevity feature. I'd think the lack of electrode would unshield the spark like stated and help. It's usually a combination of things that give improvement. A good digital ignition like the Ignatech and the new Dyna with these plugs might be worth a try. A good dyno test result would get me interested. The plug indexing crowd should like this type of plug too. I've never been a fan of using more than one plug gasket to index a plug. Thanks for sharing the link.
Steve-o

Kawasaki used a similar idea on their plugs for the two-stroke triples back in the late 60's, early 70's. Supposedly less likely to foul up as two-strokes were prone to do. They were flatter without the protrusion though. Wonder why that never took off for all motors? Maybe too expensive?

I installed a set of the BR12ZC today. Didn't get a chance to take the bike out but I will tomorrow.

ZC has the Copper electrode vs. ZS Silver. They actually only manufacture the Silver electrode plug with a heat rating of 10 which is colder then an NGK 8 so the BR12ZS actually doesn't exist. You can buy a BR10ZS but it is colder so BR12ZC is the best bet.

Cant imaging that I will notice a difference riding. Idled nice and a little less fuel smell at idle. We will see.

Attachments

• 2013-10-26_14-02-50_940.jpg
    2013-10-26_14-02-50_940.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 2013-10-26_14-01-45_706.jpg
    2013-10-26_14-01-45_706.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 23
So I rode her for about 20 minutes. I ran her up to 9000 rpm a few times as well as up 100 mph a few times. The plugs ran good. No missing at all. Throttle was responsive but I cant say better. To be frank I wouldn't have a clue what 2-3hp plus or minus even feels like so I am not going to comment on that.

The only tangible difference I can point to would be the idle. It is solid at 1000. Before it was always plus or minus 50-100. I kept it set around 1100 before because it was all over the board. I feel like I can bring the idle setting down.

To know if there was any HP gain, a couple of Dyno runs would be required. Are yworth $76? I think most would say no but I will run it for a week to see what I think after more riding.

I am going to Dyno the bike but not before and after so the Dyno would not be conclusive.

So I rode her for about 20 minutes. I ran her up to 9000 rpm a few times as well as up 100 mph a few times. The plugs ran good. No missing at all. Throttle was responsive but I cant say better. To be frank I wouldn't have a clue what 2-3hp plus or minus even feels like so I am not going to comment on that.

The only tangible difference I can point to would be the idle. It is solid at 1000. Before it was always plus or minus 50-100. I kept it set around 1100 before because it was all over the board. I feel like I can bring the idle setting down.

To know if there was any HP gain, a couple of Dyno runs would be required. Are yworth $76? I think most would say no but I will run it for a week to see what I think after more riding.

I am going to Dyno the bike but not before and after so the Dyno would not be conclusive.

Thanks for the write up... I'm looking at replacing my plugs soon myself..

Lee

Back