Brock's: Gixxer vs. BMW on the dyno

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is amazing HP. Is that rear wheel HP? I am very surprised to see that the GSXR has 35 more HP than a stock V max.

That is amazing HP. Is that rear wheel HP? I am very surprised to see that the GSXR has 35 more HP than a stock V max.

35?? Closer to 50HP more. These tests are rwhp. Figure a "typical" stock max at 115 rwhp. That gixxer was 165rwhp. You'd need a turbo running around 7psi of boost to put out a number on par with the stock beamer at over 180hp.

Quite imnpressive! And a bit humbling I might add.

That is amazing ,i can not believe the power 1 ;liter laid down bone stock. This bike is going to own the street.I just checked the pricing and it starts out at under 14000 whick is a deal! wowowowow would you ever thought bmw would rewrite the book and yet still be competetive in pricing. I want one of those bikes.

Bimmer rewrote the book... It's left the big 4 reeling... We'll see where it comes in on the handling portion though. The big 4 have had many years to improve and perfect. More HP doesn't always lead to faster track times.

Chris

Bimmer rewrote the book... It's left the big 4 reeling... We'll see where it comes in on the handling portion though. The big 4 have had many years to improve and perfect. More HP doesn't always lead to faster track times.

Chris

who got left out of the 4?

Yup those are insane numbers!

Although I didn't plan on running up against litre ss bikes.

Chris

I cant imagine that BMW wouldnt have put as much attention to detail in the riding/suspension aspect as they did the engine. Just from the way he was sitting on the bike and the lines it would appear they have it dialed in

I cant imagine that BMW wouldnt have put as much attention to detail in the riding/suspension aspect as they did the engine. Just from the way he was sitting on the bike and the lines it would appear they have it dialed in

I'm sure they did but it still can take YEARS to dial in chassis dynamics. The Germans do NOTHING half ass IMO.

Wait a year or two... There'll be changes I'm sure.

That's a deal, through and through. Considering some BMW sport-tourers are well into the $20k range, it's a bimmer bargain.

Options for the S 1000 RR are available at the following prices:
Motorsports Paint Scheme: $750
Race ABS: $1,000
Race ABS & Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) $1,480
Gear Shift Assistant: $450
Anti Theft Alarm: $395

Even adding on every single option, you've still got a retail under $17k...besting the Gen II by over $2 grand.

All the 'busa and ZX14 kids are going to have their panties in a wad over this. Their crown has officially been stolen as fastest bike on the street.

That's really incredible. 180rwhp from a bone stock bike on pump gas...gotta be over 200 at the crank. I really can't imagine riding something with that much power. I feel like I just hit warp drive when vboost opens in second, and that's with only 118 at the ground and 150 more pounds in the bike.

So who will be the first to offer a response? Pretty obvious a bigger engine isn't the ticket here, since BMW outperforms 1300 Suzuki's and 1400 Kawi's with only a liter. Gotta be some wild technology inside that motor. Maybe Yamaha will step up to the "hyperbike" class with a response to not only the BMW, but also the 'busa and ZX14.

Thats totally not true.
You just dont know them good.

OK I've driven all of their (brought to US) brands and they're all good so let me just say that they are (as a whole) great engineers leading the way in a lot of cases.

I LOVE German engineering. I strive to own a Porsche and BMW at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.

Chris

OK I've driven all of their (brought to US) brands and they're all good so let me just say that they are (as a whole) great engineers leading the way in a lot of cases.

I LOVE German engineering. I strive to own a Porsche and BMW at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.

Chris

Tru, 70% of what they manufactering is very good quality.
Just look at teh BMW X6....nothing more to say.

But, bealive me or not but my company use to coporate with many german manufacters.
I now them good, I was at motorcycle factory in Berlin, I saw the process of fabricating.
BWM simply rocks!
Porshe rocks!

But what else?

I saw dozen of new mercedes's starting to corroding after 3 month of use, i saw many VW, Audi, Opel to do the same and even more that i will not post.

BMW and Porshe are top notch, the rest is like anywhere else...

Notice the power output is almost identical between the 2 bikes until 13k RPM. Then the BMW keeps putting out the HP.

Back