Broke My Damn Left Hand & Had Surgery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Well crap!!!

Broke my left hand last week and had to have surgery Monday. Titanium plates and screws installed :damn angry:

Was tightening the rotor bolts on my new wheel when I snapped one off thus smashing my hand into the frame. 2nd worse break the surgeon had seen on the #5 metacarpal.

Looks like I won't be working on the bike or using my clutch hand for several weeks :bang head:

:cheers:

Neil

Neil, sorry to hear about this! Get better!

Mark

Maybe join a bowling league? :)

Mark

I'm already in 2 ;) Shot a 760 series one handed in Saturday's local tournament (209-299-252). I think the percocet had something to do with it :confused2:

:stickyman:

Neil

Damn, sorry to hear it.

I'm gonna have to remember that when my new wheels get here next week.....

Rusty

Damn, sorry to hear it.

I'm gonna have to remember that when my new wheels get here next week.....

Rusty

Yeah...

I found that with larger back wheels and tires it's much easier to install the wheel if you put the rotor on after getting the wheel splined up.

I was pulling up on the allen wrench left handed instead of pushing it, and then...snap---smash---crack.

Neil

Neil, air impact gun works wonders. Pretty cheap at Sears or Harbor Freight.

Mark

Neil, air impact gun works wonders. Pretty cheap at Sears or Harbor Freight.

Mark

:biglaugh: Yep...got in a hurry and here I sit. I even have a palm ratchet with the correct allen drivers.

Oh well...

Neil

As Bluto said in Animal House....I recommend that you drink...heavily.

or

"Yeah, you fucked up...you trusted us"

Mark

As Bluto said in Animal House....I recommend that you drink...heavily.

or

"Yeah, you fucked up...you trusted us"

Mark

:rofl_200:

Forgot to mention that the drinking heavily part might have something to do with my fu@k up :whistlin:

Neil

now this would be a real suicide shifter:hmmm:,clutch w/left foot,throttle/w right foot and shift w/ right handed shifter stick...lol, im thinkin that fall into the you know your a true biker when you break your hand and......just a thought.:whistlin:hope your back on 2 soon.

DAMN! I can't believe that...:surprise: Tightening the bolts on the rotors and this happens? Jease...

Do you have an existing problem that caused this? :ummm:

Chris...

The bolt snapped, and my left hand went crashing into the tail frame section above. I was pulling up on the allen bolt and snap crash :damn angry:.

No prior damage at all to my left hand.

Existing problem=shitty luck this year.

Neil

Photos???

:puke:

Nothing fantanstic with the ones I have. When I get my xray copies, those will show all the details.

These are pictures 10 days after the surgery and blurry.

Neil

Attachments

• dhand_01.jpg
    dhand_01.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 11
  • dhand_02.jpg
    dhand_02.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 10
Back