Broken Throttle Sleeve

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Today i received some stock grips etc (thanks to Kevin) to replace my munted ones so i replaced one side no problem but when i came to replace the throttle side once i took the end cap off to find that the throttle sleeve had broken away and the grip the sleeve came off in my hand. This may well of been damaged as this side took the impact .
Now do i have to order a specific Vmax (1992) one or are the sleeve pretty much standard and also how do i get to it . I have taken the 2 main screws out but not sure what to do next bout the cables . :confused2:

2 nipples, one going forwards and the other backwards,The sleeve comes straight
out of the cradle that it sits in. It's a piece of cake really, just work the nipples out from the sleeve.
All years should fit...if you want me to I could fix your busted one anyway.

2 nipples, one going forwards and the other backwards,The sleeve comes straight
out of the cradle that it sits in. It's a piece of cake really, just work the nipples out from the sleeve.
All years should fit...if you want me to I could fix your busted one anyway.

Sorry you lost me at nipples ...
So they come straight out , just wanted to check incase they shot back up the cable or something . The sleeve may of been broken for awhile as it was brittle and little bits missing etc .

Are all throttle Sleeves the same or do i need a Yamaha Vmax one ?

Sorry you lost me at nipples

...Typical, I start a technical conversation...and you lose concentration thinking about sex.:confused2:

Anyway from your PM , you got it sorted.

KJ , thanks for those links, Matt & I might need them some day

Tada!:eusa_dance: Fixed it, I'll send it back Matt.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back