Bucking Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlesin

Reaction score
I have noticed my Vmax appears to "buck" under hard acceleration. This seems to be in 3rd gear only, but still testing.

Any thoughts would be great.

One thing I am concerned about is running the bike at all, given a possibility or likelihood of transmission metal in the oil destroying the engine. I do have plans on next draining the engine oil and checking for metal.

Guess let's hope it is the rear end.

Thank you

Sounds like a transmission problem, wear on the dogs between 3rd and 4th on the countershaft. I have the same problem in 2nd, I'm planning on splitting the cases and swapping gears (with a hopefully less worn 2nd hand set) to see if I can solve it

For a proper solution you may want to check out Sean's undercut gears

3rd is a pretty weird gear to wear the dogs out on, unless nobody ever used the clutch in its previous life. I wouldnt waste your time with a used set of gears, to replace the 2 gears your probably looking at 150 bucks factory new if you order them from a discount OEM parts supplier on the internet. I think I went through extreme powersports of new jersey, they had the best price. For as much work as it takes to get to the trans on these bikes its not a good plan to save a few bucks to cobble it back together.

Or, get a fully undercut trans from me and save yourself the aggravation of having another gear go out again later.

Sean

Yeap undercut is really the only way to go, I learned my lesson already. Good thing the turbo busted my pistons so I could get an undercut trans from Mr. Morley.

Back