burn outs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildman98

Reaction score
looking for longest 2nd gear rolling burn out:biglaugh: 10 mph no front brake:biglaugh:. numbers in feet,inches:rofl_200:,yards give me some honest numbers guys:ummm:. just wondering if im the only one that grills off a tire in about a month in a half:confused2: or am i hooked on the long strip......lol.....and alot of smoke.:ummm:

Thought I had a video somewhere. Probably 300-400 feet at least though can't remember the gear Kevin was in. I have no idea how far I have spun.

Sean

From a burnout contest a couple of years ago, its a little over 200' total, before I ran out of room. Started out in second gear, then let go of the front brake and grabbed a handful of throttle.

rollini.jpg

Then there's Thadd's video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDWWwEoSKic

Sean has a killer stationary burnout vid. Complete with glowing red hot pipes. :clapping:

I did a 10-15 mph roll through an intersection and hit 2nd gear hard on my 89. I don't have
any idea how far it could have gone. When I got up to the speed limit, I backed off. It impressed
the Hell out of a young passenger in a car that had been stopped at the light with me. A young lady
leaned out the window to tell me that I had the most Awesome Bike she'd ever seen...
Made my Day...:biglaugh: Guess, 100-150 feet..:ummm:

come on guys..................no water or sitting in one spot till ya buzz it up. we are talking about rolling 10--20 mph :punk:2nd gear let her smoke:biglaugh:

from a dead stop,1st gear into 2nd = 180 ft in 1st and another 80 ft out of 2nd then i got out of it. Gonna tri it again soon :ummm: maybe by thunder I'll have gotten used to the new 3 over swing arm!:clapping: and Id really like to get it on video.

i usaualy let off after about 30 to 40 ft. 2nd gear rolling about 15 mph . then open it up. no riding the front brake. i like how the shinko will spin and give me enough to wheelie at the same time. nothing huge, just about a 4 to 6 inch high floater,.

I usually don't pull over and get out a tape reel, then stand in the middle of the road to measure it after I do a roller, so your question is kind of nebulous, lol.

With my donut of soap Avon Venom tire, I could smack it in first and keep it lit up through second AND third, when I grabbed fourth it would finally hook up. I'd being doing around 80-90 by that time, have no idea of the distance. Easily a couple hundred yards. I also remember I could be doing 55 in fifth gear, do a quick tap down to third, punch it and drop the clutch and it would light up up anew, until I either let off or grabbed fourth.

With the Metzeler, I can smoke it in first but as soon as I grab second, it hooks up and typically pops the wheel off the ground a bit.

Never use the front brake....that's cheating. That's what Harley guys have to do to get a burnout since there's no way in hell the motor can do it on it's own.

from a dead stop,1st gear into 2nd = 180 ft in 1st and another 80 ft out of 2nd then i got out of it. Gonna tri it again soon :ummm: maybe by thunder I'll have gotten used to the new 3 over swing arm!:clapping: and Id really like to get it on video.

I gotta video camera...I'm in!!!.....my neighborhood street's a possible "where".....let me know "when"!!! :punk:

Found a stretch of new paved RD by my house,I just had to rip it up.:biglaugh: I just went and paced it off............90+ feet of first and 180+ feet of second, went into third and let off. my truck is parked at the beganing of second,its to long to get a pic of the whole thing:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Attachments

• 2011-08-18_18-18-23_771 long burn out.jpg
    2011-08-18_18-18-23_771 long burn out.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 60
hahaha how many tires u go thru per year rick?

Back