Can I ask your opinion on buying a home?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty f'n sweet..

good thing u got the bike 'done' before u moved huh?

Good luck on any home purchase. It is a great investment. A couple things to ponder...A swimming pool is not going to add value to a home (Think of the possible time you want to resell) And taxes, taxes, taxes. Property taxes can make a huge difference in your overall payment. Even properties in the same State.

My taxes here in Papillion, Nebraska suck rocks. But I still elect to live here....

For a first home, get what you need. For your 2nd home, get what you want. That has always been my advice. You can normally never get what you want in your first home. Build up the equity and then move on!

Brian

pretty f'n sweet..

good thing u got the bike 'done' before u moved huh?
Shit, you can say that again. I would be totally screwed if I hadn't gotten it done beforehand, or even if I waited to move here to do it.

A swimming pool is not going to add value to a home

For a first home, get what you need. For your 2nd home, get what you want. That has always been my advice. You can normally never get what you want in your first home. Build up the equity and then move on!

Brian

How is a pool going to NOT add value? We're not talking about an above ground pool....this is a pool that's built in to look real nice and is high quality.

We're looking at houses that we plan to be in for a long time...we REALLY dont wanna move again. Only way we'll move to another house is if we're making lots of money and can afford to have someone move our stuff for us. We HATE moving.

Shit, you can say that again. I would be totally screwed if I hadn't gotten it done beforehand, or even if I waited to move here to do it.

yea. i hate working outa my carport. i couldn't imagine a parking lot with rules about it.

How is a pool going to NOT add value? We're not talking about an above ground pool....this is a pool that's built in to look real nice and is high quality.

We're looking at houses that we plan to be in for a long time...we REALLY dont wanna move again. Only way we'll move to another house is if we're making lots of money and can afford to have someone move our stuff for us. We HATE moving.

because people don't necessarily like them. it doesn't make a house worth more, strangely enough. only in a buyers mind if they WANT a pool.

because people don't necessarily like them. it doesn't make a house worth more, strangely enough. only in a buyers mind if they WANT a pool.

I know back home in Indiana that they don't add to value, but I think they do out here. Either that, or it just makes everyone out here want to buy them all up.....because we had a HELL of a time finding the home we wanted with a pool. Tons of them without pools. Not so much with a pool.

maybe? i shouldn't say i knwo that for sure anyways i'm just guessing as i heard the same line out here in MA

Back