CaptainKyle's new H.I.D. setup for SpecOps13's bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
507859main_image_1832_428-321.jpg

A southerly looking night view of the upper two-thirds of the Florida peninsula was recorded by the Expedition 26 crew aboard the International Space Station on Dec. 28, 2010. Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center are very well lighted on the Atlantic Ocean side of the peninsula to the left in this image. The Tampa-St. Petersburg area is seen on the Gulf of Mexico or right side of the frame

I was trying to keep this secret for a while. I was not ready yet for people beating down my door wanting these.:rofl_200:Yeah got in trouble with the damn goverment & now some one is complaining about my lights being backwards.

Your install sure lights things up, Kyle! Is that the reason they cancelled the Space Shuttle, too-much light pollution from Dave's ride, making it too-hard to land the darn thing?

Looking south from the north of the FL peninsula. You're not looking at it from the normal orthographic projection you expect to see when looking at the USA on a globe. Think of yourself standing on the North Pole and looking towards the Equator (and when you cross the Eq, be sure to kiss King Neptune's greasy belly!).

Actually the "orthographic projection" is what you are used to seeing when you think of the entire earth on a piece of paper. If you look at a map where the entire hemisphere is shown, the closer you get to the poles the more-distorted the distances become. An orthographic projection is a way to try and keep spatial relationships and distances, depicted on the map, true as they can be when not being shown on a globe. its downfall is that the closer you get to the edge of the map, the greater the distortion. Think of looking at a map of the Western Hemisphere where you are centrally-located opposite the equator. Now look at the upper right-hand side, which would be NE, towards Greenland, and you will see Greenland looking almost as-large as the eastern half of Canada, which as "Sketchy" will tell you, is certainly not true! Things lying in the middle half (1/4 above/below the Equator) look OK but bodies at the edge are grossly distorted.

Doesn't that look like 'Coprunner's' peripheral led's on a Max headlamp?

Yeah, I recognized the characteristic starburst. There was a fireworks factory in the town where I grew up & they used to test ordinance occasionally, the reports would draw me to the window every time to see the free show.

One time when I was at home (teenaged at the time) and the fireworks factory blew up, again. It shook my older brother off the bunk bed he was on at his friend's house. During WW II the factory was a munitions factory and my parents' home was next to an aerial observation tower which was periodically staffed whenever an airplane was flying overhead. The neighborhood observers would climb the tower to i.d. the plane silhouette and there was a phone to the Niagra Falls air force base to scramble fighters as required.

A couple weeks ago I was in Milwaukee for my oldest bro's birthday, he was a WW II baby. Actually, he was technically a "pre-WW II" baby, by about four mo. We were looking at old Ektachrome/Kodachrome slides from the family archives and there were a couple shots w/the areial enemy plane spotting tower in the background. You could see all the way from the tower to Lake Ontario, about 10 mi. to the north.

Back