Carb help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well a really quick and cheap way is this. When you get on it in first gear....does the "red" oil level light come on, down on the console by the tach? If if comes on....or flickers when you really hammer it, then you are making good power.

This is assuming that you have the correct level of oil in the bike. Between the lines in the light glass. If the oil level is too high, the light wont come on.

If you happen to have an infrared gun you can check the temp of each header pipe, this will tell you if all cylinders are firing. The same can be achieved by warming the bike up and get a spray bottle of water, while the bike is idling spray each pipe to see if water steams away immediately. That would be my first check. I'm sure others will chime in when you give more in depth symthoms........

Because one of my carbs was flooding and i tinkered with the carb settings fixed the flooding prob and was wandering how it was suppose to run to set it to the proper settings.

crazydanny68

You may have a fouled plug on that cylinder or if that is the carb you were tinkering with you have adjusted the float level so low no fuel is getting into that cylinder. If the carb sync is way off the carb could be closed on that cylinder also...........

Here is a diagram of the engine cylinder numbers. You have 4 cylinders....4 carbs.

Attachments

• Vmax cyl Nos.jpg
    Vmax cyl Nos.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 49
If you are going to perform the shotgun I can't stress enough get a proper fitting screwdriver, nice and snugg. I shaved one of mine down to make it fit nice and tight. Also an overnight soak in PB blast probably would not hurt.

Thanks to everybody your info was very helpful fixed the prob had to turn the A/F screws out 1/4 turn. My baby has full power what a relief.

crazydanny68

Back