carb problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey guys and gals. My 94 has been giving me fits for over a year. I cannot get the carbs to sync. I have taken them apart and cleaned every jet, block, and orifice there is. I rebuilt them with new jets, gaskets, and plugs. I don't have any leaks in the boots either. When I am adjusting the carb balancing screws I will get 1 and 2 close but if I touch 3 or four the rpm goes up to 6-7000 immediately. I shut it down, unscrew what I did, and try 4 and 4 first but if I go to 2 the same thing happens. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check to see if the screws and springs are in good shape. I've seen out of position screws or springs or bent brackets act like that. Also none of the screw springs should be at coil-bind. What about the screws, are they OEM? Not altered? I've seen bent brackets for the carbs, bent rods for the choke, and other alterations affecting the operation of the carburetors.

Back