Carb slide info everyone should know

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
If your carb diaphragms seem to have shrunk a little after having them off the bike for awhile, and this is preventing you from getting a good seal with the carb covers, then soaking them in gasoline for about 2 hours might expand them enough to seal correctly again. This tip comes from Maleko89, (Mark Milne) V-Max carb guru and all around super nice guy, who graciously spent several hours working on my bike today to solve a severe loss of power problem (and several hours drinking beer with me at Hooters while my diaphragms were soaking in gas). This fix worked for my bike, and thanks to Mark its now running better than it ever has!

Thanks Mark! :worthy:

awesome work guys. thats a good little trick too.

hey, i thought i would ask a question on this thread and add some info rather than starting new one.
what adhesive should be used to plug the hole on the slide . i need to plug it so i can drill it out smaller. im talking about the same hole that needs to be drilled out for S7 to work. any advise?

you talking about the hole at the base of the slide?

its a hole next to where the needle sticks out from

L1020406.jpg

Superweld has been amazing for me. I'd just be afraid of something falling down and being ingested into the engine.

This is the reason I didn't drill my slides.

the tiny one? where the nipple on the plastic fits? or the bigger hole roughly the size of the needle hole?

oh hey, sorry i just saw this post. thanks for the replies by the way. it is the hole on the top as the picture shows. its the hole to allow air to pass as the slide goes in and out. kinda like my girlfriends mouth.
with the stage 7 it comes with a drill bit to drill the hole out larger iot work properly with the different springs the s7 comes with. i assume

im crossing my fingers for sunday! got all my parts back from PCer. still waiting on mounting bracket for my fjr master

L1020408.jpg

semi glossy, not very glossy at all but as you can see it has a little bit of a shine. i wanted flat but a friend talked me into the semi gloss. it looks good now i see it on my bike. i have the model vmax with high gloss engine.

i like it very nice. but please tell me you pressed the rear bearing back in AFTER the powder?

Latest posts

Back