carb tune

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old max

Reaction score
What is wrong- when trying to adjust a/f screws i turn them in all the way [gently] and the engine does not stumble, i mean the engine idles @ 1000 rpm like i' m not even messing w/ the a/f screw. It does this on 2 cylinders, one on each side . the other 2 cyls react normally. old max P.S. i'm no mechanic and i can prove it.

Lew, i did the peashooter already- carbs look pretty clean- it runs good at high rpm but just does not sound smooth at idle. pulled plugs and they look good.

mine didn't sound any different either, i'll be honest. i had to bring it to a shop with an a/f meter to see it change, which sure as shit it did.

What is wrong- when trying to adjust a/f screws i turn them in all the way [gently] and the engine does not stumble, i mean the engine idles @ 1000 rpm like i' m not even messing w/ the a/f screw. It does this on 2 cylinders, one on each side . the other 2 cyls react normally. old max P.S. i'm no mechanic and i can prove it.

I had the exact same problem & did this procedure to clear the idle circuit & all is good, see the 1st post on this subject. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=18908

Back