Carbs: What the heck & A/F Screws stuck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srsupertrap

Reaction score
I picked up these neglected V Max carbs on C/List. They have been sitting a long time so I am in the process of disassembling everything, dipping everything in Berryman's, replacing buggered parts and hopefully make them whole once again. I was reviewing other threads and I see the PO replaced the carb drain screws with different fittings and a interconnect hose? They have O-rings and the fittings look awfully similar to the carb drain screw. Not sure why this was done but if anyone can comment I would appreciate it. Have a look below

My major concern right now is the air fuel mixture screws are all frozen solid, the heads are stripped pretty bad. I dropped one in the Berryman gallon and hopefully that will works some magic. Any other suggestions?

DSCN0107.jpg

happens lots to the right side carbs, num 3 and 4. if the plugs were taken out to adj them and then when you wash the bike and leave it on the side stand the water sits on the a/f screws and eventually it corrodes and screws jammed in. i got lucky on one set , screws pretty stripped, sprayed the hell out of them and got one out, the other i ended up drilling, took a long time and just about messed up the carb. I would suggest sending them to sean morley and let him try, got lots of experience with trying to get the stuck screws out, dont mess with them it will only make it worse if you dont know what you are doing. send them out.

Latest posts

Back