Carbs ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmem8

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone might know what might be up with my bike. Its feeling a bit sluggish when I accelerate gradually, but if I really give it quick full acceleration it feels really gutsy.
It use to feel really smooth and grunty at low speeds but now seems to be more noise than power. I have done cops mod, new plugs and adjusted AF mixture all after this prob began. I have a morgan carb synch tool on order but not too sure that is the problem.
Any ideas? :ummm: thanks lads
icon7.gif

Has it had some down time? Try a can of Seafoam in your gas. Carb sync could easily be the issue too. You'll be happy with the Carbtune, very user friendly.

Sync it first. It can make a huge difference in how the bike performs. Especially if you have adjusted the carbs.

I totally agree with the other replies.. A good sync may be the cure but Seafoam can be used either way as a problem preventative measure down the road....

I like the above ideas and would like to add a shot gun cleaning then resync and readjustment. A/F is tricky to get just right. A long ride with a small screw driver, and frequent stops, is how I set mine. Start Your Engines fuel treatment is getting very popular here. I can't say I've tried it yet though. It is supposed to work very fast and will verify that you even hsve a carb problem. Carb rack is fully seated and tight? Checked for intake leaks?
Steve-o

The bike gets used pretty much 6 days a week although apparently it had a few years without being ridden before I got it. I have had it a year and its been running nice until a few months ago.
I'm not to sure if I adjusted AF mix perfectly, I just did 2 +half turns each, its been starting great since I did that plus changed spark plugs at same time set gap to 0.28.
I checked carbs are all tight but not sure how to check for leaks?
I can't get START YOUR ENGINES or SEA FOAM in Australia doh!
I should get synch tool in 2weeks its coming from UK.

cheers for all replies:punk:

Latest posts

Back