Carbtune Accuracy?????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK3333

2000 VMX1200M
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Carbtune several months ago and set it up as specified in the instructions. I sync'd the carbs and got the guages damn near perfect. Just to see how accurate it was, I switched the hoses around and the gauges were all over the place. Has anybody else noticed this? I made sure all the restrictors were the same length and installed in the hoses in the same locations. I'm thinking the tool is less than perfect or mine is defective. I e-mailed Morgan about this and am waiting for a reply, but figured I'd get some feedback on here in the meantime.

Thanks TK

no, thanks. I'll try that tomorow after work and see what happens. It is running better than it was. I was just surprised I didn't get the same readings after I switched the hoses. The differences weren't extreme, just all over compared to what I had.

That's interesting, it'll be enlightening to hear what carb tune have to say about it.

I wonder if there'd be a way to connect all four tubes to the same vacuum source (maybe a 4-way 'T') to check that all four bars read the same?

Also if they didn't, I'd also love to know if there'd be a way to calibrate it!

if mine did that i'd check it with my double ball bearing one.

I wonder if there'd be a way to connect all four tubes to the same vacuum source (maybe a 4-way 'T') to check that all four bars read the same?QUOTE]

That's exactly the first thing I do with mine before hooking the lines up individually to each carb. Use a 5 way "T" to verify all the tubes read the same at the same time with one vac source. Done this well over a dozen time now, and all four tubes have read the same every time.

Just tried your suggestion Dan. Tried all four hoses on #1 carb and got the same reading of 18. Tried it again on #2 carb and all gave the same reading of 16. It is NOT the Carbtune. The tool is right on. I must be tool that is off. No worries, syncing again. Thanks. TK

Thanx for the answer. I was just thinking about ordering one. I have several other styles but liked PATMAX's CT a lot when I tried it.

I have had my Carbtune for about 10 years and just recently the hoses started collapsing up where they plug into the unit itself. I just ordered a new set of hoses and restrictors from them, I don't remember the cost of the new hoses but they were not that expensive.

Carbs sync'd. Max running good. Not sorry I bought the Carbtune one bit. They responded to my email in less than 24 hrs wanting to help. I guess I didn't have it as close as I thought I did and when I switched the hoses around it made the difference more noticeable. Time to ride. TK

Latest posts

Back