carbtune - carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t3ttp

Reaction score
received my carbtune yesterday. tried and tune my rebuild carbs but i could not get cylinder number 2 to register. it will only register at higher rpm (4-5k) on the carbtune. i checked, i have spark. i thought it was the diaphram and changed it with another carb and the same was happening to number 2. changed the tube on the carbtune and rechecked and the same was registering on carb number 2 on a different tube. do i need to shotgun again. the bike has been running ok for the last couple of days. help.

no vacuum... coud be a few things. check the port isnt plugged firstly. after that id do a compression check to verify you are good and dont have other issues going on.... thats where id start anyway. are you certain the #2 on the carbtune itself isnt stuck? ive used the tool many times but sometimes the simplest answer is always overlooked.....

peace,
evan....

tried no 2 carbtune on another cylinder and it worked. used no 1 carbtune on number 2 carb and it did not register. it definitely not the tool.

no vacuum... coud be a few things. check the port isnt plugged firstly. after that id do a compression check to verify you are good and dont have other issues going on.... thats where id start anyway. are you certain the #2 on the carbtune itself isnt stuck? ive used the tool many times but sometimes the simplest answer is always overlooked.....

peace,
evan....

+1 on the plugged nipple. To get nothing? the bike ran ok. You verified the tool, so I'd start there for sure. I love the new syle Carbtune.
Steve-o

Back