Carbtune damper tubing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
Where can I get that super-tiny ID tubing to put in my carbtune. I picked one up on ebay with only three hoses. I paid too much, but that's my fault. Either way. I'm gonna make a complete new set of hoses and I need the damper thingies. Also, do we need to use the screw-on adapters? I have 8 of the plastic ones in the bag with the carbtune. I know somebody else has had to do this...

You don't need the screw on adapters. The hoses should fit snugly right over the synch ports.

The dampers Morgan provides are nothing fancy. Just some clear tubing with a small ID. You may be able to find something suitable at the hardware store. Look for something that fits inside the hoses you have and has a small ID. Their only purpose is to restrict the airflow in the hose.

I guess I'll probably take what I have and go try to piece something together. The way I understand it a slightly larger diameter hole will just let the sticks bounce around more, right?

Yeah, too large a hole and the rods bounce too much. The hole in the Carbtune restrictors is maybe the size of the lead in a pencil, I guess.

The dampers Morgan provides are nothing fancy. Just some clear tubing with a small ID. You may be able to find something suitable at the hardware store. Look for something that fits inside the hoses you have and has a small ID. Their only purpose is to restrict the airflow in the hose.[/QUOTE]

For dampers, I used #10 brass machine screws with the heads cut off. About one inch long. Tight fitting in the tubing, so that the air is forced to follow the path of the threads. If still too much fluctuation, just increase the length of the screws, or use two.
On my DIY gauge-type device, with the dampers fitted, the gauge needles are rock solid when under vacuum, and take about five seconds to zero out after the bike is shut down.
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010678.jpg
    P1010678.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 14
That sounds cool, miles. I might just try that first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back