Carbtune FYI

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ih8detroits

Reaction score
I found out that my Carbtune needed some servicing. I've had trouble getting my carbs to sync and had not once thought that my troubles could be my Carbtune. Pulled the back off the Carbtune and put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on each rod where they go into the tubes and BAM! it only took a couple of minutes to get carbs synced after that, instead of 30 min. of fighting with the sync adjustments.
So lube your Carbtune, Oh and also check your restrictor tubes for debris that could cause a bad sync reading as well.

That's interesting. I bought a Carbtune about 6 months ago but haven't used it, I can't get the carbs to go out of sync now.:confused2:

I found out that my Carbtune needed some servicing. I've had trouble getting my carbs to sync and had not once thought that my troubles could be my Carbtune. Pulled the back off the Carbtune and put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on each rod where they go into the tubes and BAM! it only took a couple of minutes to get carbs synced after that, instead of 30 min. of fighting with the sync adjustments.
So lube your Carbtune, Oh and also check your restrictor tubes for debris that could cause a bad sync reading as well.

+1
If you have used it long enough, its not a bad idea to pull the rods out and clean everything up. Then reassemble with just a touch of lube as you suggested.

Latest posts

Back