cat fight, anyone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
I've been watching the UFC for a few years, and with the exception of Connor Mcgregor, the womans bantom weight are the more interesting fighters of the sport. Rhonda Rousey held the belt for almost 3 yrs, defended it 6 times, convincingly. The seventh time, she got KO'd by Holly Holm. Since November of 2015, the title has changed 3 times. Last night rhonda Rousey tried to get the title back. Not so much:boxing00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJCUkui2Z8

The video was up most of today. Must be youtube is catching up with the "pirates". I really believed Rousey had a shot, with her judo/arm bar sceneario, but nunez rocked her, before she could even blink. It was like an early Tyson fight.

Good thing they didn't have that Ref in any of the ROCKY movies.....

That Nunes girl can hit, and with either hand.Quite impressive. Roussey didn't get a chance to use her ground game and payed the price trying to go toe to toe with a puncher.I think Ronda is finished fighting. Hang those gloves up while you still have those good looks to act or whatever.

She's done a lot for women in the sport and I won't take that away from her, but she was also over-hyped. Holms exposed her weakness, and Nunes exploited it. Rousey can not box. It's been proven twice now -- back to back.

Remember when they tried to float that bullshit that Rousey could beat Mayweather? :rofl_200:

She's done a lot for women in the sport and I won't take that away from her, but she was also over-hyped. Holms exposed her weakness, and Nunes exploited it. Rousey can not box. It's been proven twice now -- back to back.

Remember when they tried to float that bullshit that Rousey could beat Mayweather? :rofl_200:

That's moved on to Connor Mcgregor now. Still lots of hype. The "talking heads" seem to agree that Mcgregor would easily win, in a UFC match, and Mayweather wins easily in boxing. No kidding...right. Mcgregor said he would fight Mayweather, boxing rules, for one hundred million. In the same article, Mayweather said he made 300 million against Pacquiao.

http://www.si.com/mma/2016/11/16/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-fight-conditions

That's moved on to Connor Mcgregor now. Still lots of hype. The "talking heads" seem to agree that Mcgregor would easily win, in a UFC match, and Mayweather wins easily in boxing. No kidding...right. Mcgregor said he would fight Mayweather, boxing rules, for one hundred million. In the same article, Mayweather said he made 300 million against Pacquiao.

http://www.si.com/mma/2016/11/16/conor-mcgregor-floyd-mayweather-fight-conditions

Mayweather pointing out the money that was made on the Paquiao fight is exactly what McGregor is wanting.

I wont take anything away from McGregor and his UFC/MMA accolades, but he wouldn't stand a chance against Mayweather in a boxing match and I think McGregor knows it. But he also knows no UFC/MMA fight would ever give McGregor the paycheck a fight with Mayweather would bring. Even if McGregor lost he still gets his biggest payday by a landslide.

Mayweather has nothing to prove -- especially in this realm of MMA vs Boxing hype. The original idea behind the UFC was to put all these different forms and disciplines against each other and see who comes out on top. Royce Gracie dominated it so hard that it forced anyone who wanted to be a champ in the UFC they had to learn the ground game. It's an integral part of MMA fighting.

Boxing is totally different. McGregor stepping into a boxing match against Mayweather would have the same result as if Rousey did IMO. I remember working in the UK when the Hatton/Mayweather fight was being hyped up. All of the UK folks so certain Hatton would win. I kept telling them "There's speed and then there's Mayweather speed. He's on a different level." And as great of a fighter Hatton was, he still couldn't handle the speed of Mayweather. Got beat to the punch round after around after round. Just like everyone else suffers when they get in the ring with him. If McGregor steps forward Mayweather's counters are going to eat him up. If McGregor sits back and tries to counter Mayweather, he's going to get tagged by that speed he wont be able to land much. Even if McGregor tries to "take one to land one"(many boxers have tried) Mayweather's speed and defense will prevent that from working too.

Outside of the ring, I'm not a fan of Mayweather at all. But I can't deny he's a legend inside the ring.

Latest posts

Back