"catchiest songs of all-time?" Not to me!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While CD sales continued to slide last year, continuing a multi-year trend, last year they sold more records than the prior year!

The Rolling Stones release their music on LP format-still. That's "long-playing" phonograph format for you young whippersnappers. LP's have outlasted 4-tracks, 8-tracks, cassettes, reel-to-reels, and will probably outlast CD's as they have a near-40 year head start.

Next thing, you'll be criticizing the Druid fork, which isn't a Stonehenge eating implement. Go choke on a debris-packed parallel-twin gudgeon pin.:rofl_200:
Even cd's are passé' today, it's all about digital music now. I've had collections of 8 track tapes, cassettes, cd's and currently have about 32 G's of various music styles.
I grew up listening to 45's on a suitcase style phonograph (record player with the images.jpg adapter) and then during my teens I learned about hi fidelity stereophonic 33 1/3 rpm albums. I have time to time thought about getting a nice phonograph like a Dual but the prices are ridiculous for what they want for one now. Add the price of buying all the LP's again and that nostalgic thought gives way to reality so I hit amazon prime to see what's available. :confused2:

I have a Thorens and a Dual for turntables, and about 1700 albums to play on 'em. I had a radio show while I was in college in MI around 1970. Billboard magazine would sell you the top 100 albums for $1.65 apiece if you were working at a radio station and they were sent there.

You can get a turntable w/a USB port to digitalize your records. The recording is different than a full-fidelity turntable would provide, not as-good but listenable. It uses compression to make the digital recording which costs fidelity.

"Switchin' To Glide" - by The Kings is my vote for #1 on this list. Great tune, and good one to crank up on the Roadstars stereo when I'm trying to ride it fast...

That is a very entertaining video of sports moments, some happy, some not, and accompanied by a great song, from some guys who probably arose from Mtv playllists to fame, because of the 'new concept in entertainment,' though music videos had been around since the 50's, but never played back-to-back endlessly.

A good one, Joe, I liked listening to it again. Not one you hear much anymore. Thanks, awolnation

Sail!

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel dies
I blame it on my own supply
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself)
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

La la la la la
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la,

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail with me
Sail!

Thanks Phil, I wasn't sure I was hearing all the words right. I could cruise the Dragon with that playing .........

That poor guy ends-up getting the alien space probe I guess. Wonder if he ever made it back? The video builds to a surprise ending. Kinda like the movie, 'Communion.'
MV5BMTQ0MDYxMjUwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEwMTYyMQ@@._V1_SY314_CR1,0,214,314_AL_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097100/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

It's another great Christopher Walken movie-"what just happened?" I like it as-much as Stephen King's "the Dead Zone," another surprise ending.

Might be totally out of left field, but a song that always stuck in my mind:

Warren Zevon's Werewolves of London

Little old lady got mutilated late last night....................

Jester 42

Oh God YES! Werewolves of London is a top 5 all time for me, too... Except the ABORTION that Low life talent free punk Kid Rock did to it a few years back..

I would have to say i have 100 top 5s. Alot of songs belong on top.

Back