Charity Ride Advice for Lost Stepson

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xirtam22

Reaction score
Afternoon all - I want to put together a charity ride for my stepson (really my long time girlfriend's son) who was shot and killed due to a senseless act outside of a restaurant back in May.

He had served a tour in Iraq. I had taught him how to ride and got him his first and only bike - 1997 CBR600 F3 - which used to be mine. He's willed it back to me.

I was looking for advice and direction on how to go about this. I'm in South Florida. It doesn't need to be really big, just respectable. He had put in his will, prior to Iraq (mandatory), that he wanted any donations in his name to go to a charity in his home town for the homeless - St. Vincent DePaul. That's where I'd send them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Ride safe!

Hey sorry for your loss. Perhaps check with local bike shops that sponsor poker runs and events. The local VFW and perhaps CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) could help. I live 75 miles north of tampa & orlando. If close enough I'd be honored to help.

I am sorry I have nothing to offer but condolences......

So sorry for your loss....be proud of his service to the country

Sorry for your loss. I'm too far to participate, but will keep you and your family in mind.

Shane

I appreciate all the kind words. I've spoken with another rider who's a member of ABATE down here. I'm going to pursue that possibility. If I can get it together, I'll post it out here for anyone who's close enough to check it out. I'd love to have a fleet of MAXES rolling through! Thanks.

I'm very sorry for your loss, the most sincere condolences from my family to yours. I live in West Palm and would be more than happy to participate. Please let me know when you get this together. When and Where?

Hey Floridamax - Thanks for posting the link. I've actually seen this site before during my own surfing. I think I'll try to set it up for the one year anniversary in May. That allows for the holidays to pass and gives me time to figure it all out. Thanks, again.

WarriorR6 - I appreciate your words. I'll be sure to post updates out here when I know more. I'll send something your way as well. Thanks.

Sorry for your loss and your wife/girlfriend. Be proud he served his country and hope you have a successful fundraiser in his honor.

Back