cheap used carb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggohead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone know where I might find a left front carb. My "90" is dead can't get the fuel to stop comming out the vent tube. any help would be great. Oh it has been taken apart like 20 times, also tried tapping on it to see if the float is stuck.. Running out of ideas I can afford.

SOL in El Paso.

tear it apart again. clean the crap out of it. check the float needle and seat for wear and replace if necessary. set float levels as shown in the carb forum.

That is the cheapest route IMO.

Talk to morley. is the needle valve bad?

The needle or seat may be bad... We had an issue with this last week on a venture (same carbs) and it ended up being something VERY strange.

Check out the "ouch" thread here.

Chris

If you end up needing a carb I have extras of the left side (and far fewer of the right). I'd sell you a bare carb body for the left side for $50 ($100 on the right side carbs).
Sean

my guess is most bikes go down on the right side in a crash that =smash!

A/F screws get stuck in the right side carbs (all the time) so I sell more of that side. Have plenty of the lefts. Tried to make a left into a right before and it's not easy to rotate the fuel inlet (and even they aren't the same no all of them). Then you have to swap over the throttle shaft which is even more work plus we can't re-stake the bolts that hold the butterflies as well as the OEM does.

95% of the time the carbs aren't damaged in a crash.

Sean

Sean, I emailed you twice last week, the needle has been changed the guy swears its the seat is the issue and doesn't know how to fix issue. My carb flow lot of fuel out the vent line. Spent about 300 on new starter clutch, and three of the gears. My year deployment to iraq jacked up the carbs, they have all been cleaned but that front left won't stop leaking. I have about a month till I move from here to va and the great riding weather is going to waste.

As chris noted look at his previously posted thread. They were having some flooding issues with a carb and it ended up having a hole in a very odd location that would be difficult to detect.

Another seat would fix the issue if thats all it is but they aren't easy to replace. I do have a carb body I can send as noted. You can even pay me for it after you get it on and the issue sorted out.

Sean

Back