Check these bad bastards out! ZRX shocks installed.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ok I know we've hit this subject once or twice before but Im doing it again because Its hard as Hell to find THE OTHER thread that has a picture of a Max wearing ZRX shocks.

I got the homie hook up from a fella WildWeasel knows from another forum,BIG THANKS TO BOTH OF THEM!
I scored these for very cheap...No, I probably shouldnt have bought them cause the house payment is coming up fast but the deal was unbeatable!:biglaugh:

Install was VERY strait forward.Done in about 15 minutes.
1)take big stockers off
2)pop out a stock shock bushing
3)pop out ZRX shock bushing and replace with stock one(perfect fit)
4)bolt onto your V-Max
5)drink a cold beer and stare at how awsome these things are.

These are ZRX shocks,they are very adjustable with 3 adjustment points.They are Nitrogen filled with piggy back coild overs.
-Now I realise most people like LOWERING the Max...:confused2: these will LIFT it 1 1/2in. Im looking to increase trailing angle for canyon use,and ground clearance for my 4:1...I also dont have a center stand because the braced swing arm so it did not bother me lifting the back of this baby at all.

So heres the pictures you probably skipped reading to look at :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 150
looking good. how much did those puppies set you back? dude chimera is just getting sicker and sicker. \(@_@)/

looking good. how much did those puppies set you back? dude chimera is just getting sicker and sicker. \(@_@)/

OK,little known fact is Im cheap...and usually broke:biglaugh:

But I found some spare money for this deal, drum roll please!!! $250 plus shipping. Havent seen any of these let go for less than $400 so I pounced on it.

Thank you Ninjaneer! I got a few more tricks up my sleeve to make Chimera a real monster but those will come with funding soon enough.

That's about a grand less than I paid for Ohlins. I wish this had come up a couple of years ago. I like the look. How's the ground clearance improvement ? Now it's tippytoes and a longer sidestand.

How much longer you going to ride on that bald back tire?

That's about a grand less than I paid for Ohlins. I wish this had come up a couple of years ago. I like the look. How's the ground clearance improvement ? Now it's tippytoes and a longer sidestand.
Its not bad,Im a pretty tall guy at 6'2 and mostly what it did was take some of the bend out of my knee while my feet are flat,the kickstand is ok. Gotta get used to letting the bike down a little further now because im used to it hitting ground and inch and a hjalf earlier.

How much longer you going to ride on that bald back tire?
yeah...about that. Well Unfortunately Ive had to decline several rides because of that tire. Its to the point where I wont ride it anywhere with a lean(for example on ramps are taken ar like 30mph.) and canyons are OUT of the question.
Just having trouble working a tire into my budget. Money is tight.

Too tall for me to like. I do like the shocks and recommend them with our extended arms.

Sean

I have the exact same shocks on my 99 but retained the original ride hight by moving the bottom mount back with a piece of flat bar with two holes drilled in it.

lookin good! Give us an update on how the ride feels when you get them tuned to your weight and riding style. I just put a set of adjustable shocks on the front of my sons 400ex quad. Swapped them from a 450R quad, then had them set up by a suspension guy at a local race. My son said they made his quad ride 100% better over the non-adjustable stockers.

Those look pretty good. Are there any others simular to that, that might be closer to the stock length?? I gotta do something with my front & rear suspension this winter and still on the fence with my options on the back.

Im glad you liked the deal... I told you you would get a good set. Those were about to be on my bike by now but i called dibs on another set from another guy and those were available. Old Dan Haynes is a good guy. I used to fly with him...
Eventhough you think you have 3 adjustment settings, if you go check you can remove the stopping tab and get an extra 4th setting... ;o)
If i left you curious go check that at the forum...

Blitz FTW...

I have the exact same shocks on my 99 but retained the original ride hight by moving the bottom mount back with a piece of flat bar with two holes drilled in it.

Broook,
Any chance you have some pictures of your setup? I'd like to see how you lowered that lower mount point.

I put the ZRX shocks on my Max too. They look excellent.

Elimax

Sure. Just give me a couple of days. Things are pretty hectic around here right now.

Just spent the last two hours trying to get the pic the right size. So far they are huge or too small.
All it is is a piece of 1/4" plate about 4" long and 1" wide with a hole in each end and bolted to the swing arm mount and the other end bolted to the shock. It moves the bottom of the shock towards the rear of the bike horizontally to keep the stock hight. It is also pretty much out of sight behind the mufflers.
I will try again tomorrow.

Back