Checked Out An 09 at the Stealer...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found an 09 for $12,999.00. Gotta make a move on it tomorrow. Wish me Luck... The seller has had my name all along and even knew I was interested at that price. They listed it anyway. DUH, Hello, I have Cash... :bang head: I could have already had this in the garage if they had just let me know....:confused2:

Also, wish me luck that it hasn't been sold without me having a chance. Can't get a hold of the seller, so I have to wait until tomorrow.

quit talkin about it and go do it :O thats one hail of a deal man

Without tax added , that sounds as good as I've heard so far. We had one at the dealer for $ 12,900 also , but add 7 % to that for the gov't and it turns into $ 13,800 . Not as good a deal , but some of us are getting antsy I think ! :rofl_200: Yep , Yep , Me too.

Thanx for the blessings on this. $12,999.00 Plus 7% Tax, Tag and Title... I'm gonna look and if it feels right, offer an amount so that the deal comes to exactly $14,000.00, Total.. I'm hoping this'll be one of those people who says, Write me a check right now for that and it's yours. I've gotten some rediculous deals that way. People don't expect me to be able to do that. Could it be because I dress like a biker? Bringing the price down to get to $14k even isn't really asking much. We'll see...

mattness: Most of the fun in buying something like this is talking about it, looking for it and Day Dreaming about it. Seems like it's always a let down once that's over and I actually have to deal with it...:biglaugh: Besides, I'll have to update my signature here to read: I have 2 Gen I's and a Gen II, Too. I still have to figure out how to get 4 bikes in a 2 car garage and still be able to get them all out 1 at a time.:rofl_200:Throw everything else out, I guess. I NEED TO BUY A WAREHOUSE.:bang head:

Thanx for the blessings on this. $12,999.00 Plus 7% Tax, Tag and Title... I'm gonna look and if it feels right, offer an amount so that the deal comes to exactly $14,000.00, Total.. I'm hoping this'll be one of those people who says, Write me a check right now for that and it's yours. I've gotten some rediculous deals that way. People don't expect me to be able to do that. Could it be because I dress like a biker? Bringing the price down to get to $14k even isn't really asking much. We'll see...

mattness: Most of the fun in buying something like this is talking about it, looking for it and Day Dreaming about it. Seems like it's always a let down once that's over and I actually have to deal with it...:biglaugh: Besides, I'll have to update my signature here to read: I have 2 Gen I's and a Gen II, Too. I still have to figure out how to get 4 bikes in a 2 car garage and still be able to get them all out 1 at a time.:rofl_200:Throw everything else out, I guess. I NEED TO BUY A WAREHOUSE.:bang head:

I know what ya mean, but really, with this bike, at least for me it gets better and better, There is SO much potential in this motor to uncork it, for minimal expense. On the other vmax site, they just finished up with Drag fest in CA, a non sprayed all motor Gen II just went 8.99 @153!! WOO HOO

Bret...you may want to get the PCV back

:bang head:

.... LOL.....

with a second MAP, you too can NOSzeltoff at the light...... :punk:

Eye balling any particular set up? (I've got a guy here that's been urging me towards a bottle&map since December.....very tempting, fairly cheap <8 out the door...but I have a lot to learn first....so I'm all ears)

Not interested in NOS on a street bike, Pain in the ass to keep the bottles filled... I did like it on my Drag bike though, very addicting!

Update on the 09. After Dicking around most of yesterday, the deal stands at: them wanting $14,000.04 and me willing to go $13,500.00, both OTD. as is. They say they outright bought this bike from PO for $12,200.00. I don't believe that for a second. It's got 13,671 miles on it in the 13 months the PO had it. Hasn't been serviced since they bought it, needs both tires and fluids changed. Tires appear to be highway miles. 1" flat center line on both.

I try to keep the deals I make simple to avoid the normal 50,000 scenarios that a sales rep normally throw out to confuse the issue. $13,500.00 and I buy it, $14,000.04 they keep it. I want that $500.00 for new tires and fluids... They haven't offered that in the deal either.

sounds like highway miles to me, my bike only had 3600 miles on it, ut i found a post on the vmax forums that they were 100% high revving city miles, LOL. oh well vmaxes are built chevy tough

Update on the 09. After Dicking around most of yesterday, the deal stands at: them wanting $14,000.04 and me willing to go $13,500.00, both OTD. as is. They say they outright bought this bike from PO for $12,200.00. I don't believe that for a second. It's got 13,671 miles on it in the 13 months the PO had it. Hasn't been serviced since they bought it, needs both tires and fluids changed. Tires appear to be highway miles. 1" flat center line on both.

I try to keep the deals I make simple to avoid the normal 50,000 scenarios that a sales rep normally throw out to confuse the issue. $13,500.00 and I buy it, $14,000.04 they keep it. I want that $500.00 for new tires and fluids... They haven't offered that in the deal either.
I would move on, that seems like a lot of money for the miles on an 09. I have seen better deals then that.

I'm thinkin that if I get this one tomorrow, a better condition, lower mileage bike will show up cheaper tomorrow night...:bang head: This must have been the PO's only means of transportation... We'll see, at 13.5k I'd be paying about $12,300.00 prior to all the TTT being added. That's not so bad....

I agree Dave, "If it's meant to be they will accept your deal,"if not" your bike is still waiting for you to find it!". If the salesman calls you back offer him $13,250! LOL
That's more miles than my 2004 has on it.
"Good luck with your purchase!"

Bill

It's approaching the miles on my 94. It sets at 17,500... I was thinking of offering $13,000.00 if they call back. They had their chance. I was there with a check book... Besides, I want Yamaha to offer us the orange they did for France. I could just continue to save my money... PS: My Wife's Nephew's, Wife's Dad owns a Dealership in Pennsylvania TOO...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back