Choke lever will not stay on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMechEng

Reaction score
Right now the carbs are off the bike but while the bike was still running I had an issue where I had to hold the choke lever if I wanted it engage. When I would release it it would shut off. Have to hold this lever until the bike was heated up was no bueno. The plungers are all engaging at the same time. Any ideas what would cause this? Thanks

You have a friction screw to set the friction on the lever, its just by it... Take a look...

Nope no friction screw. I now see where it should go but it isn't there which explains my problem.

I just took a second look at the carbs and the microfiche and I don't see where the screw screws into to. I see that it goes through the choke lever but should there be a bracket that the screw goes into?

Nope no friction screw. I now see where it should go but it isn't there which explains my problem.

I just took a second look at the carbs and the microfiche and I don't see where the screw screws into to. I see that it goes through the choke lever but should there be a bracket that the screw goes into?

The "friction screw" threads right into the carb body. Pic credit to NaughtyG
P1030979.jpg

There's something backwards about that picture.....

nevermind. I guess the work "Choke" is stamped on both sides of that plastic piece.

Back