Clear Carb Covers on Ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be wrong but don't think it will idle too well. The little tang on the stock covers aren't on these and it looks like the purge jet is left open. I wish there was a better picture of the inside of the covers.

Mark,

There is a plate that bolts in that has the tang on it. If you look close the pics they show are of the faux velocity stacks (you can tell that because there are only 2 bolt holes through tabs on them) and no pics of the carb covers themselves except mounted on the bike. That set up is a two piece one. The actual clear cover is on the carb cover with the faux stacks being through holes:biglaugh:

Well I couldn't resist them pricey bastards :biglaugh: He saw me coming, but did accept $10 off the BIN price though. 82ndCowboy mentioned Jai at Motobotiqe and he's right. I believe thats who the seller is. Anyway, it looks like I just bought myself a Halloween gift for being a evil man:angry flame devil: One things for certain, I'm sure as hell not telling the wife what I paid for them:whistlin:

Last edited:
I'd be interested in knowing how they work out as fuel seems to getup and around that area. Will they get wet and not allow you to see through them?:confused2:

I'd be interested in knowing how they work out as fuel seems to getup and around that area. Will they get wet and not allow you to see through them?:confused2:

Good point and I've thought about that Chris. I hope I don't have to remove and clean them every 1,000 miles. That would suck :damn angry:

Oh' well, at least I'm not out much. Recently I sold some Super Magna parts and made a few $$$

If they're running right it should be dry. Only thing getting back above slides should be air. If I see fuel trickle out when taking the side cover off I know I'm running rich for some reason.

If they're running right it should be dry. Only thing getting back above slides should be air. If I see fuel trickle out when taking the side cover off I know I'm running rich for some reason.

Ah',,,leave to Mark to be that breath of fresh air:worthy:

How did you know I farted? lol

Cheech and Chong are coming to Omaha in November. Who's game?

Well then mine must be always running rich because I always get a little bit of sumpin there.

When you just take the cover or removing slide? I get a bit removing slide.

So Mike, I may have this wrong, but from what I read in the ebay listing, these just mount right on top of the stock carb covers with 2 of the stock screws. Just 4 pieces of brushed aluminum, with no clear covers or replacement pieces for the stock covers. Is that right?
BTW, I do think the polished ones in the photos look sweet, though...

Happy to see that I helped somebody spend their money - just my way of helping the economy!

Congrats Mitchell!

Mike

So Mike, I may have this wrong, but from what I read in the ebay listing, these just mount right on top of the stock carb covers with 2 of the stock screws. Just 4 pieces of brushed aluminum, with no clear covers or replacement pieces for the stock covers. Is that right?
BTW, I do think the polished ones in the photos look sweet, though...

The pictures on the ebay listing were a screw up. The clear covers have all 4 mounting screws. See my previous post pic attachment.

Happy to see that I helped somebody spend their money - just my way of helping the economy!

Congrats Mitchell!

Mike

Yeah, Thanks for the heads-up info and forcing me to not withdraw from my Vmax modification sickness. I think Mike deserves an award:clapping:

Ok, I'm reading between the lines here and I think you have more money to spend and more mods to do, so I guess I'll keep looking for more cool stuff for you. :rofl_200:

Mike

Ok, I'm reading between the lines here and I think you have more money to spend and more mods to do, so I guess I'll keep looking for more cool stuff for you. :rofl_200:

Mike

Yeah I wish! Fortunately I moonlight HVAC and it pays for all the extra play things. Since all my toys are paid for, when I make some cash it goes into my bad habit fund:eusa_dance:

The pictures on the ebay listing were a screw up. The clear covers have all 4 mounting screws. See my previous post pic attachment.

Ok, got it...much better for the bucks you laid out. Thanks for straightening me out.

Back