clutch problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadb1

Reaction score
I am having trouble getting the clutch working after it sat dry for a couple months.I cant even get fluid to start bleeding.I even try pulling the fluid through from the slave.The master doesnt seem to pump either?It worked fine before storage.Ideas appreciated.Chad

lots of threads and tips if you go to the search or tech on clutch sections, multiple things to check..

You might try taking the banjo bolt off where it meets the master. Use you finger tip to plug the hole while you're releasing the lever. Slightly open your finger tip when squeezing. See if that'll start it pumping. Careful - don't get any brake fluid on painted parts.

I ended up pushing the fluid through from the bleed valve to get it started.Chad

Even with a mity vac I had to bleed the master cylinder at the banjo bolt to get it working.
I have also found that once you get a bit of fluid going, just pumping the lever like crazy helps to jolt it into life.

Back