cobra slip ons....any good?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy some cobra slip-ons. Are they any good. Will this "lean" my motor out some. Reall noisy ? There for my stock 1985 max. Thanks guys.

I love mine, but I was told they are restrictive. I think the V-Max sounds awsome with these installed, but not really obnoxious. I'll never go back to stock.

Search for some videos on http://www.YouTube.com.

RT_side.jpg

I have a chance to buy some cobra slip-ons. Are they any good. Will this "lean" my motor out some. Reall noisy ? There for my stock 1985 max. Thanks guys.

They will seriously richen up your engine. You will need to drop a couple main jet sizes
Not noisy, good sound but they neuter the Max quite a bit.
I had them, didnt like them

Yep, just like RagingMain said... You'll have to jet the carbs DOWN otherwise you'll be running too rich and the bike will lose power. When I bought mine it already had the Cobras. I was okay with the sound but I f'ing HATED that it ran so rich even though the PO had re-jetted. I went back to stock last season and couldn't be happier.

--

Yep, just like RagingMain said... You'll have to jet the carbs DOWN otherwise you'll be running too rich and the bike will lose power. When I bought mine it already had the Cobras. I was okay with the sound but I f'ing HATED that it ran so rich even though the PO had re-jetted. I went back to stock last season and couldn't be happier.

--

Well,..slip-ons that make a bike run rich.....sure didnt happen like that in the Harley world. Boy you learn something new every day. Thanks .I dont think I want the bike running richer for sure. Is there a reasonably priced set of slip-ons that are just bolt-on?"no hasle"

I just put them on about 2 weeks ago. They do sound very nice, like a "small block chevy" and the PO also had put a stage 1 jet kit in, so that means that I have larger jets than stock. The mechanic adjusted the carbs for me and the bike still seems to run awesome, just a lot louder now compared to the stock pipes. How can you tell if you running rich or lean??

Took mine off a while ago and went back to stock pipes. The bike was definetly running rich with the Cobras. I don't know if the previous owner re-jetted for the cobras or not but the bike runs a whole lot better on stock pipe. There seems to be more power and my fuel mileage got better? Still not great mileage though (about 140kms before the light comes on). Cobras sounded ok but I like stock better.

I have had the 2 1/2 inch Cobra's on my bike for 4 years now. I have NOT had any issues with bike running rich plugs are like new and still feels like the bike has the same power. So I say give them a shot and see for yourself...and they do sound ohhh so good...enjoy the sound of the MAX!!

love the look of mine, and my plugs are perfect color. sound is just enough, not too loud but way better then stock. You will have to put them on and see for yourself if you like them. if you do drop down in power you can simply just add a nos bottle to compensate...

I have Supertrapps.....They sound good but the Cobras look better....If I can find a set of Cobras cheap enough I am going to try them out....

Unfortunately....I was exposed to the sound of a Kerker with a 2.5 inch race baffle at the 2010 Brownie Run.....Everything sounds like absolute CRAP in comparison.....just my opinion....

do it kyle the kerker is calling you....... lol do it do it do it do it ....... you know you want too, only thing stopping you is fear and common sense :punk:

Any chance someone can post a vid of the cobras on their Max to hear how they sound? I am keen on a set of these or a set of the sidewinders on the exactrep site

first nice clear day in 12 days, gonna ride the bike, i'll film it for the sound for you and post it later on for ya

just going to start it up so be back here in a bit with a link....... think i have to put it on you tube eh, will have to set up account........ thats what we need here is a fast way to post video's :hmmm:

edit: legend??? what you mean

Back