Congressional Medal of Honor Navy Petty Officer Mike Monsoor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxride06

Reaction score
Navy Petty Officer Mike Monsoor

noname1.jpg

PO2 (EOD2) (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Mike Monsoor, a Navy EOD
Technician, was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, posthumously,
for jumping on a grenade in Iraq , and giving his life, to save his fellow Seals.
During, Mike Monsoor's funeral, in San Diego , as his coffin was being
moved from the hearse, to the grave site, at Ft. Rosecrans National
Cemetery, SEAL's were lined up, on both sides of the pallbearers route.
Forming a column of two's, with the coffin moving up the center.
As Mike's coffin passed, each SEAL, having removed his gold Trident, from
His uniform, slapped it down, embedding the Trident in the wooden
Coffin.

noname-1.jpg

The slaps, were audible, from across the cemetery, by the time the
Coffin, had arrived at the grave side, it looked as though, it had
a gold inlay, from all the Tridents, pinned to it.
This was a fitting send-off, for a warrior hero.

This should be front-page news, instead of the crap, we see every day.

Since the media, won't make this news,
I choose to make it news, by forwarding it
to all the Nation via E-mail and this Forum
I am proud of our military. If you are proud too, please pass this on.
If not, then rest assured, that these fine men, and women, of our military,
Will continue, to serve and protect.

A fitting sendoff for a true hero. We should all show such respect for those who make the ultimate sacrifice.

stuff like this is great to read about

Thanks for the awesome post! Hero's are not born everyday but we enjoy the fruits of their sacrifrice everyday.

I disagree... There are heros among us that will never be put in the situation that he was, but would do the same thing. He will never be forgotten, but there will always be more people willing to sacrifice their lives for the good of the loved ones surrounding them. I've worked with some truly remarkable people throughout my time in the military, and have the utmost respect for those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Heros Are born everyday. They just might not know who they are until the time comes.

What a different nation this would be if these things made the front page of the news websites, papers and on TV as the main story. Thank you for sharing this and we should all follow suit. It has to start somewhere. Here's to you PO2 Monsoor.

I disagree... There are heros among us that will never be put in the situation that he was, but would do the same thing. He will never be forgotten, but there will always be more people willing to sacrifice their lives for the good of the loved ones surrounding them. I've worked with some truly remarkable people throughout my time in the military, and have the utmost respect for those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.

Heros Are born everyday. They just might not know who they are until the time comes.
In my mind, the military are all heroes, thank you for correcting my mistake. I did not convey my thought very well, I apologize for that.
I meant no disrespect to any service members either past, present or future. Quite the contrary, they have my utmost respect.

Back