Controversy over Davidsfarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
This has unfolded into frankly a pretty interesting situation, figured I'd share it here and see what everyone thinks.

If you don't know, the Youtube channel "Davidsfarm" is the #5 Canadian channel in views and subscribers(formerly #1), with over 100mil video views. His videos are mostly about his self declared redneck garbage-picker lifestyle and his 100 acre "farm". He has loads of junker cars that they make crazy modifications to, joyride, race, and do stunts with. Other videos are how-to's about small engines, appliance, and automotive repair. The star/proprietor of the channel, David Rock, claims he started the channel to make himself famous so his "stolen" sons could find him. He welcomed guests from youtube to visit his farm, and was practically a god of the "redneck life" to a lot of people.

Recently a Canadian news show (16:9) did an interview due to increasing stir over Rock's past, specifically rumors that he was a convicted pedophile and using his farm as a lure to attract victims. The interview can be seen here, parts 2 and 3 are also on this channel, here is a news article about it. It essentially proves that Rock was a convicted pedophile in the early 90's and served a year in jail, watch the interview for the details of it. He claims he was tested for pedophile tendencies and was declared negative, and that he has been "clean" for 20 years.

Following this interview airing, Youtube suspended Rock's account and his channel became pretty much the biggest controversy ever seen on Youtube. There are dozens of "response channels" run by haters portraying him as a filthy, dangerous offender, and Rock's channel is being constantly spammed by people against him. There are websites and petitions(with surprising support) trying to get the "farm" shut down and Rock arrested. Some people came forward and claimed they saw "questionable behavior", others deny this, and some have issued statements, then later denied and retracted them.

After about 2 weeks, Youtube re-activated the account, albeit now without any ads due to some advertiser complaints, and a couple new videos have been posted. His "vlog" channel, where he posted petitions to his sons and the mothers that "stole" them, was suspended, then deleted from youtube entirely.

So...should someone with a criminal past not be allowed to use sites such as Youtube? Sites like myspace and facebook can run checks on members, and block accounts of convicted pedophiles, but currently Youtube(run by Google) does not do this. They say as long as the video content abides by their regulations, there is no reason to ban the account. Some of his early videos were taken down (such as him butchering a BBQ pig with a chainsaw and making quite a show of it), but otherwise he has had no policy violations.

Many of his supporters say he had a troubled past, paid his debt to society, reformed, and is now a help to hundreds of thousands of people with his instructional videos and technical know-how. Haters say he is still very much a pedophile, and created the "Neverland farm" as a way to attract victims under the guise of a redneck stuntman.

Currently Rock is facing lawsuits, loss of income, and his reputation is obviously irreparably destroyed with the general public.

So....say your favorite actor, or author, race driver, whatever suddenly revealed they had a pedophile past. Someone you like, but don't actually know. Would you still support them?

Interesting. It does raise some very good questions, namely are we able to really forgive as is asked by all scriptures most pretend to believe in, but then act completely opposite to their stated beliefs?

Golden rule applies...I treat people the way they treat me...

One of the biggest reasons the world is so f'd up is because of people minding everybody elses business...be concerned with yourself and take responsibility for YOUR own actions .

Just another way of saying mind your own business...

Golden rule applies...I treat people the way they treat me...

One of the biggest reasons the world is so f'd up is because of people minding everybody elses business...be concerned with yourself and take responsibility for YOUR own actions .

Just another way of saying mind your own business...
I agree with you !

I followed Davids farm and got a kick out of it. I later learned that a few years ago he got charged with some really strange stuff. I wont go into it..you can read about it your self.I found it very disturbing, but it was in his past,..he did his time in jail, and I gave him a second chance. I never really enjoyed his show as much as I used to although. Then after I seen PUGS new video...I lost all respect for dave. Pug had broken his back in an RV jump, and things went horribly wrong. Not once did dave contact him, phone him, visit him, or offer any kind of help or support what so ever! Rick, on the other hand, steped up to the plate with his video and offered his help and all the money he made on U-Tube to help Pug. I dont think very highly of Dave at all anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-4JWPFBQRM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMPSKXNQiqw&NR=1

This has unfolded into frankly a pretty interesting situation, figured I'd share it here and see what everyone thinks.

If you don't know, the Youtube channel "Davidsfarm" is the #5 Canadian channel in views and subscribers(formerly #1), with over 100mil video views. His videos are mostly about his self declared redneck garbage-picker lifestyle and his 100 acre "farm". He has loads of junker cars that they make crazy modifications to, joyride, race, and do stunts with. Other videos are how-to's about small engines, appliance, and automotive repair. The star/proprietor of the channel, David Rock, claims he started the channel to make himself famous so his "stolen" sons could find him. He welcomed guests from youtube to visit his farm, and was practically a god of the "redneck life" to a lot of people.

Recently a Canadian news show (16:9) did an interview due to increasing stir over Rock's past, specifically rumors that he was a convicted pedophile and using his farm as a lure to attract victims. The interview can be seen here, parts 2 and 3 are also on this channel, here is a news article about it. It essentially proves that Rock was a convicted pedophile in the early 90's and served a year in jail, watch the interview for the details of it. He claims he was tested for pedophile tendencies and was declared negative, and that he has been "clean" for 20 years.

Following this interview airing, Youtube suspended Rock's account and his channel became pretty much the biggest controversy ever seen on Youtube. There are dozens of "response channels" run by haters portraying him as a filthy, dangerous offender, and Rock's channel is being constantly spammed by people against him. There are websites and petitions(with surprising support) trying to get the "farm" shut down and Rock arrested. Some people came forward and claimed they saw "questionable behavior", others deny this, and some have issued statements, then later denied and retracted them.

After about 2 weeks, Youtube re-activated the account, albeit now without any ads due to some advertiser complaints, and a couple new videos have been posted. His "vlog" channel, where he posted petitions to his sons and the mothers that "stole" them, was suspended, then deleted from youtube entirely.

So...should someone with a criminal past not be allowed to use sites such as Youtube? Sites like myspace and facebook can run checks on members, and block accounts of convicted pedophiles, but currently Youtube(run by Google) does not do this. They say as long as the video content abides by their regulations, there is no reason to ban the account. Some of his early videos were taken down (such as him butchering a BBQ pig with a chainsaw and making quite a show of it), but otherwise he has had no policy violations.

Many of his supporters say he had a troubled past, paid his debt to society, reformed, and is now a help to hundreds of thousands of people with his instructional videos and technical know-how. Haters say he is still very much a pedophile, and created the "Neverland farm" as a way to attract victims under the guise of a redneck stuntman.

Currently Rock is facing lawsuits, loss of income, and his reputation is obviously irreparably destroyed with the general public.

So....say your favorite actor, or author, race driver, whatever suddenly revealed they had a pedophile past. Someone you like, but don't actually know. Would you still support them?

Well answer one question for me. . . would you let him babysit your kids?:confused2:

Pedophiles should be thrown in prison and ass raped by Bubba so badly that they bleed to death. Anyone who does sick and twisted shit to a kid and ruins their life has no rights IMO.

I know a little about this guy because I watch/watched his channels in the past. He's a douche for sure along with all his redneck friends. He's a nudest and YES has had girls there that supposedly are too. He supposedly filmed young boys 12/13 I believe, playing with themselves. He's a manic which means if he doesn't take his drugs, he's all over the place. It's NOT an excuse, but what HE says.

I bought the DVD that was produced about him. I don't have it yet though.

When asked, he seems to be honest about his past. He's NOT proud of it either.

I'm not condoning OR condemning him. I'm a father and I'd be PISSED if something like that happend to my boy. I'd probably kill the sumbitch, but.... I also believe people deserve a second chance. WITH SUPERVISION...

Chris

Pedophiles should be thrown in prison and ass raped by Bubba so badly that they bleed to death. Anyone who does sick and twisted shit to a kid and ruins their life has no rights IMO.

I'm with you on this...minding your own business does not mean anything goes...as long as no one elses rights are abused and rules of society are followed you're on your own...

I had seen the video about Pug breaking his back jumping the RV, but didn't see those videos. Funny how Dave said in his interview how he "jumped the fence" and became a hater after the accident....gee whiz, wonder why? While the accident was nobody's fault but his own (jumping a total POS winnebago? Really?), I can understand how he said the "pressure to outdo" everyone else was eventually going to get someone killed. The fact (or again, claim) that Dave kind of kicked him to the curb, probably to distance himself from the accident, is pretty shitty though. Especially considering the big $$$ Dave makes(at least used to) as being a youtube partner, and in a couple of his videos he mentions how little money he needs to live on and how he literally didn't know what to do with it all.

Be interesting to see what the documentary says. I imagine sales of it tanked since the whole pedo-bomb dropped shortly afterward.

Would I let him babysit kids? Of course not, and if he had any sense he wouldn't either. Since he obviously allowed children to his farm, he either thought he had his "tendencies" completely under control, or was as the haters say, was luring victims in. Personally, I think it was the first, but he slipped up. If you're a supposedly ex-pedophile, letting kids dance around naked and getting into a hot tub naked with children isn't going to bode too well for you claims of being reformed. Those things would be mighty strange for anybody, and when that anybody has been convicted for pedophilia, it sends the creep-o-meter off the charts. Considering his past, and the legions of people against him, you'd think he would be extremely careful to give the haters absolutely no ammo to use against him.

I agree with ya Chris, it's too tough to make a call without knowing the people involved and the exact circumstances. They don't let murders get guns (legally), pedophiles shouldn't get children, and definitely not un-supervised. I don't really know what to think about this guy anymore, but you really don't need to. Take his videos at face value.

Take his videos at face value.

Exactly! I'm not a fanboy like a lot of the people are on there... I'll usually comment on the stupid ass things he does.

Cripes! He opens a 20lb propane and lights it AT the valve. Do you know how dangerous that is? OMG!

Chris

The huge pro-Dave fanboys are almost as silly as the adamant haters, considering probably 99.99% of all the people arguing over it have never even met the guy or have any connection to what's going on.

Actually, is it really that dangerous? It's impossible for the flame to "go inside" the tank and blow up, it only flames when it gets into the air and mixes with oxygen. While Dave does a lot of stuff that seems crazy and stupid initially, I honestly think he's a fair bit smarter than a lot of people give him credit for. Definitely a step above the "lighter to look in a gas tank" stereotype.

The huge pro-Dave fanboys are almost as silly as the adamant haters, considering probably 99.99% of all the people arguing over it have never even met the guy or have any connection to what's going on.

Actually, is it really that dangerous? It's impossible for the flame to "go inside" the tank and blow up, it only flames when it gets into the air and mixes with oxygen. While Dave does a lot of stuff that seems crazy and stupid initially, I honestly think he's a fair bit smarter than a lot of people give him credit for. Definitely a step above the "lighter to look in a gas tank" stereotype.

People die every year due to "flashbacks" into the cylinders.

All that has to happen, is less pressure coming out then what the propane burn rate is and BOOM!

This is why we sell flashback arrestors for torches and such.

Chris

I thought flashback was only a hazard on oxygenated welding gases, when the gas can explode on it's own, because it already has O2 in it?

You'll have to explain this to me, I don't see how it's possible with any liquefied gas on its own. If that was the case, wouldn't a Bic lighter explode just as it runs out of fuel? Or a gas grill when it's LPG tank goes flat?

I've used a can of carb cleaner and a Bic to take care of wasp/hornet nests before. One time the can ran empty in flamethrower mode, it just went out, not explode.

Hell I never even heard of this guy before this thread.
I see in your "other bikes" you have a 1971 650.....does it still have kick start or did that end in 1970 ?
Also...you have an old 1968 suzi, is it black or orange. I also had a 68 200cc years back.

I see in your "other bikes" you have a 1971 650.....does it still have kick start or did that end in 1970 ?
Also...you have an old 1968 suzi, is it black or orange. I also had a 68 200cc years back.
The 71 is still kick start & the Stingray 200 is a burgandy color right now it was originally like a candy apple red.

Latest posts

Back