Cool change

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probally not this year...........:bang head:..............Otherwise I would have brought it along..............Tom.

Update , most of the parts have been purchased, radiator and tranny cooler mounted , have a nice aluminum drive shaft that should work, engine compartment painted. Tomorrow my brother in law and I will assemble the motor. It's not a stroker , but it will be a good strong 355 with a new TH350.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 30
Goodies for motor monday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 36
Well it's been a while since I rolled her into the garage, but slowly and steadily between life and seats I've been making progress.
I hope to fire her for the first time mid March or first weekend of April .

Tried a few different B&M shifters and didn't like them, so I followed my heart , went with early 70s Chevelle shifter and console, took some cutting but it looks like it was born there.
My son got me electric dumps for Christmas , so along with a sliced and diced exhaust from a 2010 Camaro my exhaust is %95 complete.

I need to come up with a throttle cable and bracket and build a crossmember for the torque arm , I'm going to make the torque arm adjustable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 27
I bought another Cosworth for parts and advertised some of them , a guy came to buy some and we got to talking I told him what I wanted to do with the Cosworth twin cam decals, we made a deal .these are going on when its done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 30
Well it's been a while since I rolled her into the garage, but slowly and steadily between life and seats I've been making progress.
I hope to fire her for the first time mid March or first weekend of April .

Tried a few different B&M shifters and didn't like them, so I followed my heart , went with early 70s Chevelle shifter and console, took some cutting but it looks like it was born there.
My son got me electric dumps for Christmas , so along with a sliced and diced exhaust from a 2010 Camaro my exhaust is %95 complete.

I need to come up with a throttle cable and bracket and build a crossmember for the torque arm , I'm going to make the torque arm adjustable.

Looks great Rick. Youve made a lot of progress.

Had a buddy that put a 215 Olds V8 into a Vega. Aluminum block and heads. That was a sweet car, till the rust finally won..

Had a buddy that put a 215 Olds V8 into a Vega. Aluminum block and heads. That was a sweet car, till the rust finally won..

Rust took most of them , I got lucky finding this with only 51 k and no motor or tranny, I think this might make a little more HP then the 215 but I'd love some aluminum heads!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 23
Ah, the Buick 215 cu.inch V8! One of the longest-lasting engines made, it won Formula 1 races in the 1960's for Jack Brabham, still the only driver/constructor to win an F-1 title. And that was the engine that did it. Repco-Brabham.

GM built the all-aluminum Buick V8 and a little-sister V6 they put into the Skylark, and turbocharged it. Eventually they decided to go in another direction, and they sold the rights to the design to British Leyland. BL used it in many vehicles, including the MGB-GT V8, which was supposedly removed from production because it surpassed the flagship XK-E in performance, and it died in that application after only two years. It later wound-up in the Land Rover, and was a long time powerplant there. As development on that design probably commenced in the 1950's it's right-there w/the thinwall Ford V8 and the Chevy V8 smallblock in longevity.

There are plenty of aluminum heads on the market, how much do you have to spend?

After nine months of building she finally breaths. There's a couple little bugs to work out but she sounds pretty crisp. I hope to have the bugs sorted out and the car on the ground by next weekend.
This thing may be as much fun to drive as a Vmax!

How do I post a video taken with my iPad?:ummm:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back