cops and intermittant misfire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
i recently swapped over to cops in my 05 using a harness that i bought off here. dont remember who (but it had the resister) the coils came from an 07 gsxr 750. first i wired up the front cylinders backwards and realized something was wrong when it backfired stupid loud a couple times( common mistake i hear) but now fixed and it ran well. i went on a spirited ride last night about 85 miles running between 75 and 110( closed course mind you :rofl_200:) mostly 80 mph. well all was well until i started going down the street in my neighborhood (about 20-25 mph) and it started missing ( almost like a dead cylinder) but then id give it more throttle and it would smooth out. i have not checked my spark plug gap but what can i look for to try and remedy this issue? i rode it to work today and when i held a steady 45 mph it seemed to randomly do it again. jumped on the interstate and it was fine. then got off at my exit and i didnt notice it missing anymore.

the only thing i noticed was that the bike does seem a bit louder (almost raspier)with the cops but it may just be my imagination.

Check to see if you are possibly arcing out one of the coils. Best to check in a dark area so you can see if the spark is arcing to the head. :confused2:

ill do that. i did check the plugs and gaps. all 4 plugs looks almost new ( even with 10000 miles on them. only issue i saw is 3 were gapped at .3 and 1 was at .2 so i gapped the odd ball to match the other 3. going on a small ride today to raise money for the va vets m/c. ill keep my fingers crossed...

a little sea foam in the tank also might help out. only other thing maybe its telling ya to ride it wide open more:rofl_200: doesn't like the slow putting around :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back