correct Carb hose diagram

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im looking for a correct rendering/diagram(s) of how all the hoses are connected on the Gen 1 carbs
1) I think Clymer manual has errors on carb diagram 31 (pg 246 chapter 8) they seem to swap/mislabel the Fuel Joint and overflow hoses and their connection points.
2) delete
3) Clymer and online images snow no hose connected to the forward facing fuel hose connection junction port which seems clearly made for a hose (four way connection, three hoses and one connection into carb 1)
4) Also not sure of carb numbering. Clymer says 3,1,2,4 clockwise from front left. other sources indicate #1 is front left and #2 is front right.

Is Clymer reliable?

thanks

Brett

+2 for dannymax

Always take pics,
lots of pics, before starting and along the way.

Anyone trying to work on their carb rack, should always buy the T-hose before starting work, and I like to have on-hand the K&N 18-2879 kits, four of 'em, for the jet block gasket first, and the other pieces. The molded T-hose is usually original to the bike, and will not stay intact when you attempt its removal.

1687952912375.jpeg1687952955286.png
VMax engine cyl numbers 1-4.png
Yamaha's explanation of cyl placement. What dannymax said. An easy way to remember: print the capital letter, 'N.' FYI, I know of no one who would start at the right-top to do that, so if you're that one person, don't.

I keep on-hand one of those Harbor Freight plastic boxes of O-rings, I keep the red box. You can usually find a match to get you out of a pinch, but I do buy the OEM Yamaha o-rings when I need 'em.

Last edited:
"The molded T-hose is usually original to the bike, and will not stay intact when you attempt its removal."
Soften it with a heat gun before removing it.
Nah, on a bike worth thousands of dollars, and the newest Gen. 1 bike being a minimum of sixteen years old, that is false economy to try and use an ancient piece of gas line. UV rays, heat/cool cycles by the hundreds, a broad range of temperature changes during its lifetime, covering probably 100+ degree swings (if you're in the Rust Belt), ozone, that's one I'm gonna change out along with the other gas lines. I wonder how many VMF members ride with an ABC fire extinguisher sufficient to extinguish a fire, if they're riding and the hose breaks, and their prized VBoost ride becomes a rolling fireball?

Change your gas lines. Be safe, not sorry.

I've had a couple T hoses break on disassembly. If you've been lucky and never had a vehicle fire, you're probably gonna continue to play the odds. I've seen enough vehicle fires, and investigated them, to know the fuel system failed components can cause a complete vehicle loss.

Nah, on a bike worth thousands of dollars, and the newest Gen. 1 bike being a minimum of sixteen years old, that is false economy to try and use an ancient piece of gas line. UV rays, heat/cool cycles by the hundreds, a broad range of temperature changes during its lifetime, covering probably 100+ degree swings (if you're in the Rust Belt), ozone, that's one I'm gonna change out along with the other gas lines. I wonder how many VMF members ride with an ABC fire extinguisher sufficient to extinguish a fire, if they're riding and the hose breaks, and their prized VBoost ride becomes a rolling fireball?

Change your gas lines. Be safe, not sorry.
Priced one lately?

You don't need us, just common sense answer for that question. You're on a roll.

To answer 99YAMAHAVMAX:

Hose (Fiche part #65, below)

26H-14987-00-00

Retail Price: $60.99

Your Price: $54.06

1688129563877.png
https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/yam/50045c0ef8700209bc7942f3/carburetor
1688130395624.png

Have you priced a replacement VMax lately, after a total loss from a fire due to a split fuel line?

Here's a nice one from your neck of the woods. Close to ten figures for this one, if you didn't carry full-coverage, due to the cost.

1989 Supercharged Yamaha VMAX. This bike is very fast and has low miles on the motor. Has a few cosmetic issues. Over all the bike is beautiful and runs well. Custom paint in excellent condition. It has a MAGNACHARGER brand supercharger with a Holly 4 barrel carburetor. The forks are slightly raked. The tires are almost new, the rear shows a little ware, but who can stay off the throttle all of the time. This motorcycle is for seasoned riders. I have owned the bike for over 6 years and never had a problem. The reason I am selling it is I am just too old (70+) to ride this beast anymore, although I do like the attention. The reduced price is $ 8,900.00 Call or TEXT Joe @ 7I4-454-3141

Supercharged VMax.02.jpgSupercharged VMax.jpg

Since this is an '89, it's in need of some better braking, with that engine. The calipers are single pair opposed piston. "Nail 'em and pray."

Last edited:
You don't need us, just common sense answer for that question. You're on a roll.

To answer 99YAMAHAVMAX:

26H-14987-00-00

View attachment 89817
View attachment 89818

Have you priced a replacement VMax lately, after a total loss from a fire due to a split fuel line?

Here's a nice one from your neck of the woods. Close to ten figures for this one, if you didn't carry full-coverage, due to the cost.

1989 Supercharged Yamaha VMAX. This bike is very fast and has low miles on the motor. Has a few cosmetic issues. Over all the bike is beautiful and runs well. Custom paint in excellent condition. It has a MAGNACHARGER brand supercharger with a Holly 4 barrel carburetor. The forks are slightly raked. The tires are almost new, the rear shows a little ware, but who can stay off the throttle all of the time. This motorcycle is for seasoned riders. I have owned the bike for over 6 years and never had a problem. The reason I am selling it is I am just too old (70+) to ride this beast anymore, although I do like the attention. The reduced price is $ 8,900.00 Call or TEXT Joe @ 7I4-454-3141

View attachment 89819View attachment 89820

Since this is an '89, it's in need of some better braking, with that engine. The calipers are single pair opposed piston. "Nail 'em and pray."
You forget to add the shipping cost to that price?--I usually order 3 at a time.

To answer 99YAMAHAVMAX:

26H-14987-00-00

View attachment 89817
View attachment 89818

View attachment 89819View attachment 89820

Looks like a lot of wasted money to me.

Back