Cost of oil change oil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
Went to my trusted Wal-Mart today to get an oil change for the old truck. I normally use 10W30 Castrol and the cost was $12.99 for 5 quarts...today it was $18.99 for 5 quarts.....almost a 33% increase. Crap :damn angry: Anyway, picked up the Supertech brand ( Walmart brand ) for $10.99 for 5 quarts. Guess that's what I'll be using from now on. Also. Lucas oil stabilizer had gone up $2.00 per quart. You would think the Government could find away to get this shit under control..................everything has gone up. Well, I imagine that's enough of "bitching" for the day. Later.....Rick

Went to my trusted Wal-Mart today to get an oil change for the old truck. I normally use 10W30 Castrol and the cost was $12.99 for 5 quarts...today it was $18.99 for 5 quarts.....almost a 33% increase. Crap :damn angry: Anyway, picked up the Supertech brand ( Walmart brand ) for $10.99 for 5 quarts. Guess that's what I'll be using from now on. Also. Lucas oil stabilizer had gone up $2.00 per quart. You would think the Government could find away to get this shit under control..................everything has gone up. Well, I imagine that's enough of "bitching" for the day. Later.....Rick

To make you feel better I will tell you that the price you paid is cheap compared to here in Ontario, we pay about %40 more than the average in the USA. Also you would have had to pay ~$10 on top of the cost of oil for the "eco" tax!!!!!!:bang head:

They have it under control , their control . This is what a Marxist - Socalist gov't wants . Complete dependence on the gov't for all your wants & needs. Food , health care , security and the taxpayer to pay for it all. :damn angry:

When Obama was running for president he said under his policies that the cost of energy would necessarily skyrocket. I guess nobody was listening.

To make you feel better I will tell you that the price you paid is cheap compared to here in Ontario, we pay about %40 more than the average in the USA. Also you would have had to pay ~$10 on top of the cost of oil for the "eco" tax!!!!!!:bang head:

I'm glad I stocked up on Rotella 15-40 when I was working. Customers got charged by the 5 gal bucket for an oil change. There was always 1 gal or so left. The customer would always say, please get that out of here when asked where they wanted it .Yes sir. I'm down to about 8 oil changes left. I still get fleeced buying the Boch spin ons though. I've got to wait for those two horse traders, Dann-o and Garrett to find deals on K&N filters and buy a bunch. Sounds like the Bro's north of the border have it way worse than us.
Steve-o

Controlling cost on the free market is now how America does business. Thats what capitilism is all about. You don't like the price, don't buy it, just as you did.

Shit ! oild threads suck like Obama ! I have been running super tech in my vehicles for year never any problems just change oil reguler like you should & I think you good with all most any oil.

Controlling cost on the free market is now how America does business. Thats what capitilism is all about. You don't like the price, don't buy it, just as you did.
If more people would have the "free market" mentality, be aware of the origin of products we buy the effectiveness of liberalism will be null and void.

Shit ! oild threads suck like Obama ! I have been running super tech in my vehicles for year never any problems just change oil reguler like you should & I think you good with all most any oil.

Told the story ( cost of Castrol ) to two of my riding buds yesterday....they too have been using the Supertech brand for years...with no problems...got on my ass and asked me "where you been" LoL. I'm semi retired now ( think I'll try to find a job in the fall ) and don't have much money. When I was an engineer at Mahle Inc...I just flat wasted money...( name brand everything ) because I had it I guess. We ( wife and I ) should have been living then as we are now....way more frugle.

They have it under control , their control . This is what a Marxist - Socalist gov't wants . Complete dependence on the gov't for all your wants & needs. Food , health care , security and the taxpayer to pay for it all. :damn angry:

This...
Wait till the government mandated / forced healthcare starts to take full effect. There is not one aspect of your life that will not be connected to it, and we will all be forced to pay the tab for anything the politicos say, not to mention the MILLIONS of illegals sucking the tax payer dry.

I picked up a 5QT jug of Rotella 15W40 from my local Walmart last week for about $12. Thats pretty cheap compared to all the others..

I picked up a 5QT jug of Rotella 15W40 from my local Walmart last week for about $12. Thats pretty cheap compared to all the others..

Just bought 5 litres....$24 in Canada. and that's less oil! :damn angry:

Dale #2592

You got that chit straight. To bring in a new type of gov't, say communism, the old way of doing business has to be destroyed. The world rich elite own the Fed Res and ACLU, big banks, larger news agencies, much of Hollyrude, and guide big unions. The printing of funny money, even to the point of using computers to up account amounts, using the gay blade along with the mohammers to push beliefs of God out of country, along with our open border policies and allowing drugs to come in to dumb down many folk and place them on dependency of the gov't, a sure fire recipe to destroy a nation. Soros and company have their puppet king doing their bidding. The last prez that wasn't tied into was Ronnie. The recent rest, Jimmy forward, have had some ties with them. Ronnie almost lost his life. Go figure. Too bad JFK and McKinley can't answer as to what happens when a prez crosses the owners of the Fed Res. The rich elite have so much. Now they want control. Just look around. Anything make sense anymore. From blowing money for nothing, cranking up the money printing presses, open borders, the ATF allowing guns into Mexico as to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights, starting a war with Libya w/o no War Powers Act cause, w/o communicating with anyone in the senate or congress... The list goes on and on. Watch the price of precious metals. They tell the tail. China and others have been attempting to bring down the prices. They are doing a 'fair' job. It won't last. If China returns our greenbacks, talk about inflation... If, prob when, our economy collapses, with much of the world tied to our market, a world gov't to come?

Latest posts

Back