Could have a carbproblem .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
Lately my max has been running a little funny.She statrs up great and idles super but from 2to 6grand she sounds alittle muffled and backfires alittle .When I hit 6grand that all goes away and the v boost comes on and she runs normal.I checked the spark plugs and they seem ok.I am thinking of running some seafoam through the crbs to see if that helps.

Did you check your diaphragms lately? My '95's were full of holes as were my coaster enrichers...causing what I believe to be a lean condition in the midrange...once on the mains everything richens up and it would run strong again.

Just a thought...

Put some Seafoam thru it and no luck .I guess I will have to get her up on the center stand and run her through the gears with the carbs open and see if I can spot anything.

Got the bike on the center stand and the air cleaner off and I noticed that there is a tube running in the back and I noticed that there is an inlet tube on the front.I do not have anything connected to this inlet in the front .Could this be a problem?.I do not see anything loose underneath.

Thanks at least I can rule that out .My Max is like my wife she constantly needs a little TLC or she acts up .

I would do the simple things first, change the spark plugs and like fmcandrew suggested check the carb diaphrams and do the shot gun while you have the carb covers off. A set of plugs probably is as much as a can of seafoam and they do go bad somtimes........

http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm

Just got back from a short ride and I am getting the sputter and back fire between 4-6grand .I will check the plugs friday .I ran it earlier on the stand with the air cover off and all the carbs looked ok and seemed to be in sync.No spitting fuel anywhere.

Back