Could PU coils ohm good and still be bad?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is about the only pair of wires you can mix up and the colors are not coordinated where they plug in (under the left side panel).

Must be crossed somewhere else for I already tried switching those.

I'm ready to send your kit back, I'll PM you. Much thanks to you and a few other members for such great help with the parts to get my Vmax back together again.

If the side stand switch is working correctly and the clutch lever switch will allow you to crank the bike in gear, I would say the bulbs could be plugged into the wrong holes of the instrument panel lights.......just my thoughts Wayne

Thanks, I'll try the clutch switch in a bit. Don't think the bulbs are switched, haven't been tamperd with. Also, while the red oil light comes on in neutral, the green neutral light stays on when engine is running or not, when the key switch is on. Oil level shows 1/2 the sight glass.

OK, test and ride today. Now here are the symptoms, the green light never comes on and the oil light comes on for neutral. I pulled the green bulb and tested it OK with 12v jumpers. Starter will only work when the clutch lever is pulled, iregardless of neutral or kickstand position.

I changed the diode and main relay with spares, made no difference. I think its time to break out the pushpins and ohm meter again LOL

Back