Couldn’t ride in them

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modaguy818

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing a safety toe shoes while Im riding, I bought pair of alpine stars tech 3 boots size 16, yes I’m 6’7” and wear size 15 in shoes and it’s hard to find some in that size, let alone riding boots
When I put them on I gained instantly 1.5’ in height, I walked funny and when I got on the bike, I couldn’t even hit the kick stand, I felt super clumsy, so before I return them, any tips or tricks on having them like break in be a bit softer or should I return them and keep looking.

Attachments

• 71936990332__1E2B827C-EB9E-4F36-8EEA-7B8E6D19934A.jpeg
    71936990332__1E2B827C-EB9E-4F36-8EEA-7B8E6D19934A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I have alpinestars road boots and I like them. Mine are comfortable, but for boots, there's a break-in period, the nature of the beast. You should try to make them work for you, if they're comfortable and you aren't getting blisters. Riding boots aren't walking boots for long distances.

As to reaching the kickstand, maybe just retract it before you swing-aboard? And pull it down, after you dismount? I suspect that once you're used to the boot, you will be able to reach the kickstand for either getting on or off the bike, while in the saddle.

I'd say that nearly every type of shoe or boot I've owned, always had a 'break-in' period, the exceptions being docksiders or low-cut athletic shoes. The one example I can think of, is a pair of Georgia Boots I have, 8" over-the-ankle, the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. When I was working construction, I'd wear-out two pairs of expensive boots in a year, sometimes I'd get them re-soled, but often the leather would take enough of a beating that I'd have to replace them after 6 months. If the leather tears, and you're working in mud, they have to be replaced.

I’ve been wearing a safety toe shoes while Im riding, I bought pair of alpine stars tech 3 boots size 16, yes I’m 6’7” and wear size 15 in shoes and it’s hard to find some in that size, let alone riding boots
When I put them on I gained instantly 1.5’ in height, I walked funny and when I got on the bike, I couldn’t even hit the kick stand, I felt super clumsy, so before I return them, any tips or tricks on having them like break in be a bit softer or should I return them and keep looking.
RETURN THEM, They are never going to work...

Sidi has a whole line with a "Exosquelethon Structure that ha has a Exelent range of mothion (road or Motocross
Garne from Spain, make great "Trials" boots, much much softer but still REAL Boots
Best boot ever a BETA TEST from ACERBIS my sponsor, more protective than a tech 13, but confy for all day walking, sadlly don't think they ever made them and if they do will be way about a thousend dollars

https://patineto.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/n-DQLRX/Fantastic-work/Acerbis-Boots/lly

Lets nerd out a little
SUPINATION, PRONATION A.K.A. Your legs are to freaking long for such a short seat
You can readjust your lever downwards but they are going to be drawing on every corner

Tech 3's are MX/ off road boots and are definately beefy, stiff and not made for walking. If off roading, I would give them a chance to break-in and get used to them but they will generally stay pretty stiff with all the hard plastic. If general street riding I would search for a sport touring or even adventure touring style that will offer protection along with some off bike/ walking comfort.

Tech 3's are MX/ off road boots and are definately beefy, stiff and not made for walking. If off roading, I would give them a chance to break-in and get used to them but they will generally stay pretty stiff with all the hard plastic. If general street riding I would search for a sport touring or even adventure touring style that will offer protection along with some off bike/ walking comfort.
They don't really break In, they are made to keep the ankle from Breaking..
plus the metal chank in the some those not help

Lets nerd out a little
SUPINATION, PRONATION A.K.A. Your legs are to freaking long for such a short seat
You can readjust your lever downwards but they are going to be drawing on every corner

you nailed it there buddy, I felt the same way as I sat on the bike, that my legs are too freaking long to have any sort of flexibility which those boots on, I was like, no way in hell I‘m going to attempt to ride in such way, instantly took them off and had a pair of alloy toe Reebok that my work supply to every employee (thank you Tesla) in the trunk of my car unworn, took off the tech3s and put the Reebok on & it was night and day Difference and super comfortable except that they are shoes not boots.
Yeah, I know. I was watching the show on Netflix with the guy from walking dead riding different bikes all over the states (Darell) & He rode with some one that was 6’5” n he recommended the tech3 So I bought them,I think that 6’5” guy he was on a sports touring bike; Ducati Multistrada if I’m not mistaken, so I went ahead and ordered a pair and for the price I got them for, it was no brainer not to buy them and give it a shot.

They retail $269 + I got them for $89.00 +shipping was like $102 shipped and they look bad ass.
so from my understanding, I should change the bike if I want to wear those specific boots, lol
may be a Beemer GS1250 Or a hyper Motard Or retire riding but I just love to ride.
RETURN THEM, They are never going to work...

Sidi has a whole line with a "Exosquelethon Structure that ha has a Exelent range of mothion (road or Motocross
Garne from Spain, make great "Trials" boots, much much softer but still REAL Boots
Best boot ever a BETA TEST from ACERBIS my sponsor, more protective than a tech 13, but confy for all day walking, sadlly don't think they ever made them and if they do will be way about a thousend dollars

https://patineto.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/n-DQLRX/Fantastic-work/Acerbis-Boots/lly
I had a pair of Sidi boots before that were mid top, not full boots and they save my ankle but not my Tibula and fibula when I went down 9 years ago, sidi only make up to size 14, I wear 15 and I can hardly find anything that size, so I don’t know where am I not looking.

I appreciate all the response, keep them coming please with any tall rider or any one that knows some one in my height that rides, where do they get their gear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Yeah, I know. I was watching the show on Netflix with the guy from walking dead riding different bikes all over the states (Darell) & He rode with some one that was 6’5” n he recommended the tech3 So I bought them,I think that 6’5” guy he was on a sports touring bike; Ducati Multistrada if I’m not mistaken, so I went ahead and ordered a pair and for the price I got them for, it was no brainer not to buy them and give it a shot.

They retail $269 + I got them for $89.00 +shipping was like $102 shipped and they look bad ass.
so from my understanding, I should change the bike if I want to wear those specific boots, lol
may be a Beemer GS1250 Or a hyper Motard Or retire riding but I just love to ride.

I had a pair of Sidi boots before that were mid top, not full boots and they save my ankle but not my Tibula and fibula when I went down 9 years ago, sidi only make up to size 14, I wear 15 and I can hardly find anything that size, so I don’t know where am I not looking.

I appreciate all the response, keep them coming please with any tall rider or any one that knows some one in my height that rides, where do they get their gear.

I have taken about 27 riding courses from SIS, to star vegetation , the most influential XR100's on a slipery PIG FARM, if you lose the fear of DRIFTING, you CONQUER Fear...

PS: the first think that breaks on a motorcycle fall are you ANKLES

Attachments

• Ricky.jpg
    Ricky.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 0

ADVrider is full of Armchair possers but from time to time some people know they SHIT [don't trust the saleman spill) trust the People that TRASH the stuff
Jean claude those not post he is to bussy making incredible stuff
3x3 base on a KLX 650 and the ELEPHANT Rally in the middle of the german winter

https://patineto.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/n-DQLRX/Sidecars/Jean-claude-vogel-three-wheel/

I guess I will keep on looking, but if any one knows a size 15 rider please ask them To shed some light.

Dont really or not at all??

Well
Well the plastic wears out and Degrade but they are not made to Articulate
I guess I will keep on looking, but if any one knows a size 15 rider please ask them To shed some light.
Even more complicated all the controls need to be rework, to take the size of the sole into account

Well the plastic wears out and Degrade but they are not made to Articulate

Even more complicated all the controls need to be rework, to take the size of the sole into account
Correct, I tried to temporary put my foot up front; where the front controls would to be, come to I find its a very uncomfortable position to be riding on, so no front controls for me.

I want a sports boot, the only one I found so far is the tourmaster in size 15
Contacte a Jason POwersa MX2West, brillant, connected and absolutlly a bible i terms of what works

and remember just the Ambulance ride is triple the cost of some serius boots
PS: get LOWER Motocross pegs, you gain about 1 1/4inches easy

I have a couple pairs of road boots, they're zip-up. Both reach to mid-calf.

One is Alpinestars Road Tech and I'm on my second re-sole. They're very comfortable and you can walk in them.

The other is TCX Air Tech made with Gore-Tex, also comfortable for walking.

Both function well for riding, no issues having to re-set foot controls.

I have a couple pairs of dirtbike boots, one old and one much-newer. Both work great for protecting you riding offroad. Neither is comfortable for walking any extended distance off the bike.

I have a couple pairs of road boots, they're zip-up. Both reach to mid-calf.

One is Alpinestars Road Tech and I'm on my second re-sole. They're very comfortable and you can walk in them.

The other is TCX Air Tech made with Gore-Tex, also comfortable for walking.

Both function well for riding, no issues having to re-set foot controls.

I have a couple pairs of dirtbike boots, one old and one much-newer. Both work great for protecting you riding offroad. Neither is comfortable for walking any extended distance off the bike.
Made "Gore tex boots are de lux plastic bags but very little ankle protection and support...

from a guy that work with Daytona and bmw for ages

Back