Craigslist/ I Love it, I hate it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATMAX

Reaction score
I'm as bad as Tx Tornado and CaptainKyle are on CL religiously. Wouldn't you know it, someone else has to tell me about a Max in my own backyard for stupid low price. Of course by the time I got to the guy, it was sold, &/@!?);@&*#??€#{?|==+€|^?\><|€....
Of course I've found a few deals, but seem to always lose out on the "big" deals.
Not to mention my wife has no boundaries when it comes to my bike fund account. Its her personal slush fund. Did I tell you about "our new fridge, dishwasher, two sink fixtures and three new light fixtures! Arrgghh!
I feel better now.

I'm as bad as Tx Tornado and CaptainKyle are on CL religiously. Wouldn't you know it, someone else has to tell me about a Max in my own backyard for stupid low price. Of course by the time I got to the guy, it was sold, &/@!?);@&*#???#{?|==+?|^?\><|?....
Of course I've found a few deals, but seem to always lose out on the "big" deals.
Not to mention my wife has no boundaries when it comes to my bike fund account. Its her personal slush fund. Did I tell you about "our new fridge, dishwasher, two sink fixtures and three new light fixtures! Arrgghh!
I feel better now.

Might be time to open a new one and slowly deplete the original account. Not that I would actually know about such , just what I ve heard . :rofl_200:

I hear ya!! Im in ny found a sissy bar with luggage rack for 200 was gonna buy it and resell sissy bar all I wanted was rack.. taking to the guy he was saying some dude in FL wanted it... I asked if his name was kyle and........ sure enough! Haha so I called kyle up.. worked out a deal. I got the rack and he got a screaming deal on the sissy

I wish I was as dedicated as Kyle and the "real" movers and shakers of the Vmax market. Of course that sometimes is their livelyhood and how they keep a roof over their head and put food on the table. I don't mind missing out to those guys but I'm guessing a local shop got this bike and will turn it as fast as they can. Or it might be one of my Max buddies but I usually get a phone call if that happens. Of course one has to have the cheddar to pull the trigger which I don't always. So, secret account eh Donnelly? I like the way you think. Right now I should just put Jyle and Seans name on my Paypal acct! LOL

Hahahaha yea if it wasn't kyle I was gonna buy it over top if him.. but hard the decenty to call him

Yall know I love my craigslist but like Patmax said thats what puts food on the table. Unfortuantly I am not rich so I miss deals sometimes to . Just like right now is not a good buying time for me I am pretty strapped from buying stuff & a lot of times you have to sit on parts for quite a while.

Tell me about sitting on parts. I am almost tempted to visit the dark side and list on Ebay!
Will the Vmax gods forgive me?!
Well the flip side is, sometimes when it rains, it pours!

Tell me about sitting on parts. I am almost tempted to visit the dark side and list on Ebay!
Will the Vmax gods forgive me?!
Well the flip side is, sometimes when it rains, it pours!
I usually ask here first & then go to ebay. I am fixing to list the chrome braced swingarm & quite a few other parts there.

Have you pulled it yet ? If so , list a picture , I may have a sucke.......... , er , buyer for it . LOL
I have not pulled it yet & its just braced not notched. Im gonna have a chrome frame to but it has a rebuilt title because the dummys ground off the numbers when they chromed the frame. I put the chrome center stand,kickstand,grabrail on ebay today.

I have not pulled it yet & its just braced not notched. Im gonna have a chrome frame to but it has a rebuilt title because the dummys ground off the numbers when they chromed the frame. I put the chrome center stand,kickstand,grabrail on ebay today.

They must be in the gun re-sale business too. :rofl_200:

I'm just as addicted to these bikes as anyone, problem is, it's not JUST VMAXES! I do this with all 80's muscle bikes, and have restored three times as many V65's as I have VMAX's, and about the same number of big Eliminators. I have the luxury of having a great job that pays well, so I only do this as a hobby, and I have a Craigslist "slush fund", three or four grand, that I have laying around the house, that is literally there JUST IN CASE I need to snatch up a bike fast! That's the key, the GOOD DEALS are gone quick, you have to be Johnny on the spot with cash and trailer ready at a moments notice to get the real smokin' deals, that's just the way it is. There are literally TONS of bike flippers here in Dallas, and some of the mom/pop type shops that resell, and they sit there all day long just waiting to pounce on a good deal, so you just have to get lucky and beat them at their own game! If I didn't have such a great job, I would consider doing this for a living, but it's too hard a work for me. I'd much rather sit a computer 8 hours a day and sit on my butt and make GOOD money doing brainiac work!

Back