Crankcase Hose to Airbox

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
It is not easy connecting this hose to the airbox before connecting the airbox to the carbs. Mine is too short. Is yours?

Has anyone replaced the hose with a hardware store hose and if so what size hose fit for you.

I want to replace mine and add a little length to it for easier connectivity.

Any comments?

You're right it's not the easiest thing, but there's a trick to it that really helps: if you remove and set aside your coolant tank, you can easily hold the hose in place with one finger while pushing the airbox nipple down onto it.

Of course, you can also easily extend it a little by adding the equivalent of another nipple inside the hose and then a little xtra length of hose on top..

You can also do like i did and buy a new factory hose, they are softer and easier it fit the air box down on.

What is the part no.? I never could find it on any OEM part sites.

I put a long plastic tie on just below the spring clamp on the top of the hose. I use the long tie to pull on it up to give some length to the hose so it will go in the fitting. I will try moving the coolant reservoir though, sure it will help.

+1 on moving aside the coolant reservoir. Also, if you have big fingers like I do, med size needle nose plyers help a lot too.

When I put my Tee in for the extra breater line to the oil cap, I cut the hose low enough to get a 1/4 drive extention and socket in there easily. I used a stainless hex head clamp instead of the OEM. I still remove the coolant res. but can lift the air box up with the hose connected,as it's 3 inches longer now. I struggled with this before doing the line mod. If I didn't Tee in I'd still use a longer hose and hex clamp.
Steve-o

When I take my airbox off, I push a 9mm, I think, socket into the hose. This seems to spread it just enough that the airbox nipple slides right in on the install. Has worked really well so far.

I have them on hand a new nice supple one is easier to install lol!

Sean

Back