Crash Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetta58

Reaction score
Can you install Delkevic crash bars if you have frame braces on a 2001 V Max and does anyone know if they work well for stretching out on the highway? Thanks

They do work well but not sure i am pretty sure it will fit and work just fine. look at this pic which has braces and bars. They do work well for cruise pegs (install grip tape on them and they work even better).

Sean

Attachments

• Kevins Max 1.jpg
    Kevins Max 1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 69
They do work well but not sure i am pretty sure it will fit and work just fine. look at this pic which has braces and bars. They do work well for cruise pegs (install grip tape on them and they work even better).

Sean

Hey Sean, you need to quit throwin' this picture of "Kevin's Vmax" around all the time. It makes me want to buy a 3" over swingarm and USD front end and a kerker with carbon can but omit the lettering and.......:bang head:

Think Delkevics and OEM Yamaha mount the same way....worst case maybe get a longer hardened bolt if they share the same hole?? :confused2:

I got these for highway cruising, haven't been out with them yet but they feel good in the driveway.

http://www.motorcyclepartscounter.c...all/15091/bikemaster-rubber-footpad-sets.aspx

A little Google work and you can save 2 - 3 bucks on this price, they can be found a little cheaper.

Hey Sean, you need to quit throwin' this picture of "Kevin's Vmax" around all the time. It makes me want to buy a 3" over swingarm and USD front end and a kerker with carbon can but omit the lettering and.......:bang head:

Carbon Kerker's are pretty sweet :biglaugh: Thanks again Sean :clapping:

Attachments

• SDC10276.jpg
    SDC10276.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 36
do the Delkevic bars mount differently than stock though?

also different frame braces mount differently, which ones are you looking at? my exactrep ones would have needed some work to mount with OEM bars.

Cycle One Offs fit with no issues with DW frame braces. Oh and you can totally put your feet on them. Made in USA too!

Cycle One Offs fit with no issues with DW frame braces. Oh and you can totally put your feet on them. Made in USA too!

I've got a set of the COO sliders. They are OK for a place to strecth out and for a change of pace/position while cruising around. I don't consider them a highway peg though. Not really comfortable enough to throw your feet on them and cruise like that all day IMO. I can only manage to get my heels on them until the back of my boots are smacking the engine. If I get going too fast my feet just get blown off of them and its more work trying to keep my legs up there than its worth.

thanks for the pics Sean and Danny. Ill look at the hole locations on my bike and compare them to Sean's pics in the morning. Yall are a great help and i'll be calling on you Danny after I order the pipes. Thanks:clapping:

I've got a set of the COO sliders. They are OK for a place to strecth out and for a change of pace/position while cruising around. I don't consider them a highway peg though. Not really comfortable enough to throw your feet on them and cruise like that all day IMO. I can only manage to get my heels on them until the back of my boots are smacking the engine. If I get going too fast my feet just get blown off of them and its more work trying to keep my legs up there than its worth.
+1, my COO sliders are too small to work as anything more than a brief change of position. I think Shris' sliders are a different model (longer) than mine though.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 24
+1, my COO sliders are too small to work as anything more than a brief change of position. I think Shris' sliders are a different model (longer) than mine though.

Nah... Mine are shorter than stock COO designed. I had him make shorter length units special for me.

I guess all I need is something to change my position every so often. I prefer my feet under or behind me due to better control of the bike. Every once in a while it's nice to stretch out a bit though.

Chris

Latest posts

Back