Crazy Friday

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild8900

Reaction score
Oh man thinking about this story makes my blood boil.
I went to a comedy club on Thursday night and took my VMAX. Was pretty dark so I turned on the extra set of lights that feed directly into the battery (you see where this is going).Was about 8 minutes late so I killed the bike and ran for the club. 2 hours later I come back and turn the key - no headlights or instrument lights.
"fuck"
I realize I left the switch to the auxiliary lights on. Battery was almost completely dead and the neutral light barely came on.
Said fuckit and took a cab home.

Next day I get a ride and bring my buddie pack.
Was able to jumpstart it and get home just fine.
Next day I go for a ride and the headlights and instrument lights don't work. :bang head: Bike starts up fine though.
Just as I'm about to tear apart everything and check the fuse and wiring I was screwing with the start switch.
Little fucker popped out just a bit and the lights came back on.

Can't believe it was that easy.

Yep....if you look at the headlight while starting...the headlight will actually shut off, so all the voltage is sent to the starter.

The easiest thing to do is to clean the starter switch.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=17281

Yeah! I was on the couch pissed off that I would have to mess with the bike in the morning and then exactly what you said hit me. I'll have to look into cleaning it, thanks.

Hey...when mine did this....I actually didnt clean it for a couple of months.....instead of pressing on the switch, I would just flick my thumb to the side, so the switch would fully extend when released.

Can you believe this same problem just got me 45 min. ago. If this post had not been fresh on my mind, I would have been chasing wires with a volt meter.:eusa_dance:

Can you believe this same problem just got me 45 min. ago. If this post had not been fresh on my mind, I would have been chasing wires with a volt meter.:eusa_dance:

Glad that we could help out Joe.

Ditto for me last week in the N. GA. mountains.

I was riding the Blackbird with a cop Blackbird forum buddy who has a Bluebird , just past Helen, GA. We pull over for a breather and some water . He noted while in front that my lights weren't on. I left it running and started wiggling wires and wishing I had brought the VMax , but the lights still didn't come on . Turned it off with the kill switch and took a break. Came back and turned the key and it started with out hitting the start button , but the lights were still not working. I thought to myself that was a new trick . Did it again and the light bulb ( in my head ) went off and fiddled with the starter switch / button. Sure enough , it was stuck. Wiggled it a bit more to keep it loose and rode the rest of the day with no issues.

Stopped twice at the top of a couple of our mountain overlooks and took a quick pic.

Attachments

• N GA Mtns 10-11-14   5.jpg
    N GA Mtns 10-11-14 5.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Blackbirds - Commrad & Rollie 10-30-14.jpg
    Blackbirds - Commrad & Rollie 10-30-14.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back