creaking for rear end with new mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but I am not sure that this will even be the "fix". We've been talking about this on pretty much a daily basis. I've covered shipping back to him on a 2 day basis (which is expensive) and doing everything in my power to help what I can.

Since this was not a stretched arm the arm length was not altered and this situation was very odd. We've of course tried all kinds of stuff trying to figure out the problem.

I don't mind making another arm to replace the one he has and will be covering the powercoat too so it's not like I'm making money on this. Far from it in fact by the time it's done. BUT, it's the only thing in my power to do to help get the situation sorted out.

Yep, but I am not sure that this will even be the "fix". We've been talking about this on pretty much a daily basis. I've covered shipping back to him on a 2 day basis (which is expensive) and doing everything in my power to help what I can.

Since this was not a stretched arm the arm length was not altered and this situation was very odd. We've of course tried all kinds of stuff trying to figure out the problem.

I don't mind making another arm to replace the one he has and will be covering the powercoat too so it's not like I'm making money on this. Far from it in fact by the time it's done. BUT, it's the only thing in my power to do to help get the situation sorted out.

:punk: Sean, sounds fair but it's just one of the joys of owning your own business. Good Luck, Spurs

uhm00000.gif
Sean, I'd say that was about 4-weeks, 138 posts, and 1494 views too late. Garrett has been working his butt off on this and even sent it back to you once for repair. Spurs

:punk: Sean, sounds fair but it's just one of the joys of owning your own business. Good Luck, Spurs

What may appear as Sean's lack of involvement on this thread should not be taken as so. As he said we had countless talks/texts etc back and forth trying to resolve this. This is the first time the creak hasn't come back after putting 5-10 miles on her and i intend to do some more testing today...

Sean has stood by his product and offered to fabricate a new arm well before yesterday to eliminate any problems on his end. yea the shipping was a pain, but also as he mentioned he 2nd dayed me the part back which probably killed any profit margin he had.

Sean also sent me a plethora of parts incase any were needed on the way back...

Seans good my book still, and if this pans out, he has found another measurement to do before fabbing the arms up i think....:bang head:

new arm that sean made is on and powdercoated. bench tested it before the powder and no creaks haven't had a chance yet,should be able to in the next few weeks...

so far so good, 10 minute run with the new arm and no creaks. a lot less clearance on the notch side than the last arm tho so gonna see if i can pop it over a 1/16" of an inch tho.

Shoot.....With the grip heaters on HIGH I bet!!!!!

oh jeeze i meant i let it run 10 minutes on the centerstand!

wayy to f'n cold to take her out. plus i'd have to go a 1/2 mile before i found roads without snow on them

Back