Cursed with short stubby...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkdtuffgirl2003

Reaction score
legs! I would like to lower my Max so that I can touch the ground with more then my tip toes. Anyone have ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Getting longer legs or a new bikes are not options :) Thanks! Beth

legs! I would like to lower my Max so that I can touch the ground with more then my tip toes. Anyone have ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Getting longer legs or a new bikes are not options :) Thanks! Beth

Best first step IMO would be a cut/reformed seat. This will get you closer to the ground without losing ground clearance. You can also raise the forks in the triple tree an inch or two.....best part about that mod is it's free!

After that shorter rear shocks, and lowering blocks for the front forks will get you as low as you need to be I'm sure.

Lower rear springs, shorten the front by raising the fork tubes thru the triple trees and a re-cut profiled seat......and wear high heels .

Edit: someone already replied as I was typing this

high heels are a TERRIBLE idea for me! lol I might try the triple tree and rear springs though. Now to find out how to do it :)

For the rear shocks you actually need to buy shorter shocks (11", 11.5" or 12") to replace the stock 13" shocks.
To slide the forks up in the triple tree just put the bike on the center stand and loosen and the triple tree bolts so you can slide the forks up a bit.
Don't go more than 1" up with the forks or you may end up causing the front fender to hit the radiator under hard breaking.

And you can always modify the seat yourself to save some cash.
I did mine back in 2001 and I'm still happy with it.
I used this guide:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55030067/DIY%20Cutdown%20Vmax%20Seat%20by%20BikeDave99.pdf
And there is a lot more info on this site:
http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/modify_1.htm

I'm 6'1" so I actually added some extra foam to mine to add a bit of height/comfort.
I attached a picture of my seat vs. the stock seat.
I also attached a picture of my forks raised 1/2" in the triple trees.

Attachments

• 2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    2000-Vmax-Stock-vs-Modified-Seat-768.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Raised_Forks.jpg
    Raised_Forks.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 27
Maxgasser , and if need be I'll customize it for you .

I have set of 11.5" progressive 412 with less than 2k miles that I would let go for $200

Attachments

• 20140820_190527.jpg
    20140820_190527.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 14
Back