Custom Seat Raise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1261

Reaction score
Ok so it looks kinda weird, taking a throw pillow, doubling the stuffing in it and riding to work on it. Lemme tell you, the shit worked. I wanted to see the change in my leg flex while sitting higher, and it was noticably more comfortable. I am 5' 11". I know the forward controls are an option and I still might get them.

I think I will get a Corbin or other dual seat and just have it raised up as much as possible. I am not worried about the center of gravity, I just go to work and back.

Attachments

• Custom seat raise.jpg
    Custom seat raise.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 40
Just goes to show you can fix anything with duct tape.

:edit:
At 5' 11" you're pretty much what the bike was designed to fit. If you're looking for something less permanent than forward controls there are always high pegs/engine guards.

You can go Airhawk cushion if you want a more refined pad. I had a corbin and I'm the same height as you, but it cut the circulation off to my legs and was a little too wide for me. It made me tippy toe at stops rather than flat footed.

Ok so it looks kinda weird, taking a throw pillow, doubling the stuffing in it and riding to work on it. Lemme tell you, the shit worked. I wanted to see the change in my leg flex while sitting higher, and it was noticably more comfortable. I am 5' 11". I know the forward controls are an option and I still might get them.
Looks like Maxgasser has got some competition!
Mr. Twisted has got to be worried about now!:confused2:

I'd get some engine crash guards and mount some clamp-on pegs to them, see if that helps. I had them on mine, but at only 5-8 I could barely catch my heel on them so I didn't use them that often.

I just got done with another pair of engine guards with peg conversion (using stock type pass pegs from the rear). They work well to let you stretch out your legs.

Sean

Latest posts

Back